Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Remedy For That Itch In Your Dog
1/14/2009 10:16:20 AM
Brought to you by The Best Years in Life Pets and Animals 

Remedy For That Itch In Your Dog

by Gabriel

Do you own a pet dog? If you do the following article will be helpful to you. As you might already know dogs actually do suffer from allergies just like we do. There are a lot of remedies for such dog allergies. One of the remedies is to use honey.

But a note in advance: The use of honey to treat dog allergies usually works only for seasonal-induced or environmental allergies. Meaning allergies that are triggered during certain times of the year " like winter or summer or caused by the environment like fleas or dust mites.

Ok so why is honey so effective in treating certain classes of dog allergies? Firstly, honey contains local pollen which in small doses allows your pet dogs to consume it without risk. This is akin to how antibodies work in vaccines. Small exposures of pollen to the dogs immune system will help to build up resistance against seasonal/environmental induced factors.

Secondly, honey by itself has the ability to heal. For us, when we have a sore throat, what do we do? Thats right; we drink a warm glass of honey. Many people have also used honey to recover from wounds and various skin problems, either by consuming it or applying on the affected areas.

Of course it is not so simple as to just buy honey off the market-shelf, start to feed your affected dog and volia the allergies disappear. It is a little more complicated than that. The key factor that makes the use of honey effective against these kinds of dog allergies is to let your pet consume honey produced from your area. Let me repeat that again: Get honey that is grown and produce from where you live. The simple reason being that honey grown locally has the pollens which is native to your dogs environment. This will then really build up resistance against allergic agents where your dog lives. It makes little sense to feed your dog honey made from the other side of the globe. Unless you are planning to bring your dog for a vacation there that is.

Some more tips for feeding your dogs honey: remember that if your dog is larger in size they may need greater quantities of honey for it to work. General rule of thumb is one tablespoon for large dogs and less than one tablespoon for small dogs. You can even mix the honey into your pets food if they dont like licking off a spoon!

Give it about a months time and the effects of the honey should start to work. Hope that helps.

About the Author:

To keep your pet healthy naturally, I invite you to join Oleandersoup for Pets
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Remedy For That Itch In Your Dog
1/14/2009 10:42:26 AM
Hi Luella,

I am so glad to see you.  I hope this means we will be seeing a lot more of you now.

Your topic, on using natural products is what we were intended to use and not all the chemicals, that are causing more problems.

May I  add one thing about honey.  To get the raw honey, not that in a supermarket that is processed.

Hugs to you my dear friend,

Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Barb Doyle

1469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/14/2009 4:02:35 PM
Hi Luella,

Our Animal Scents Ointment has helped with many different types of skin problems with many different animals. In fact many people who deal with rescuing animals swear by it.

Peace, Health and Prosperity,
Barb Doyle, Sc.

The best wellness line for people and their animal friends.
http://empower.thisworks.biz

christian glitter graphics myspace code christian images
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/14/2009 4:33:38 PM
Hello Myrna,

Wonderful to see you.  Yes, hopefully, I will become more active posting information on natural health.  I have a natural health forum for pets and that is one of the projects I devote a lot of time to.

You are right.  It must be "Raw" honey.  Pure honey is pasteurized and processed.

Hugs,
Luella
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/14/2009 4:49:15 PM
Barb,

Are you an animal rescuer too?  How wonderful!  I have just acquired a new puppy that I found running down the highway in the middle of nowhere.  My take is she had just been dropped off and was still chasing after the car.  Well, her name is Heidi.  Here she is.

Looks like she posed for this picture.  I think she's part "ham."

Hugs,
Luella
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!