Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Dear friends
12/27/2008 3:23:51 PM

I hope you have had  some good and joyous holy days during Christmas. I also hope  that the New Year will bring godly blessings to all of you.Thank you for having kept me company for so long.Hopefully you will stay here with me.

I have spent some days of rest  ,reading and writing, studying and  my mind is at ease. Soon my tummy will also feel very good, my daughter is soon serving a tasty dish called Johanssons frestelse, an ovenbaked potatodish - in English "J:s temptation". We will also have a Finnish caulibeet-dish. Caulidishes are many on the Swedish and the Finnish "Christmas table. Red green and brown ones.  Turkey is a stranger here. We eat ham.

The Bahais do not reject the Christmas holy days and the traditions. We share the joys of Christmas together with our families and other friends.We are not rigid in any way.And I bet that the former Buddhists ,Jews  or whoever who have become Bahais do not go into seclusion during their older traditional festvities respectively. On top of that we have our own ones which are 9, including the birthday of Bahaullah.

Today I will give you some few Bahai-words which I  have to retranslate from Swedish ,sitting at my daughters PC while the potato"gratin" is baked.

So there might be some linguistical mistakes., which I apologize for.

The words are directed to the ones who have turned to Bahaullah telling us what to do as His servants.It applies to anybody who have turned to God with a heart inflamed with the love of God.

"O servants of God! Rejoice through Gods Message of joy, be happy through the breeze from God\s fragrance and hold on to the Kingdom of God in such wise that it makes you detached from the world and kindles in thy heart the love of God so that whomsoever approaches you will feel its warmth;...Abdu'l-Bahá

Abdu'l-Bahá expects that He may see us,"shining like a candle and burn like the nightly butterfly with the fire of God\s love, to cry like the cloud through the grandeur of love and attraction, to smile like the meadow and be set in motion of joy like the young tree that is touched by the breeze from the Abhá Paradise".

When Gods Messenger comes to us approximately every thousand year we are blessed with the previlege to do things , new wonderful things for God, to help His eternal Cause through a fresh outpouring of the divine Spirit. God is of course quite able to perform or execute whatever  He thinks is best for all humanity through one single Word of His, but the spreading of the new Glad Tidings from heaven has been entrusted to His servants, through speech and words and this is out of Gods benevolence and generosity and constitutes the greatest good for them.

Why then hesitate?. Why not seize the opportunity to help His Cause, which will rescue us from the ills of a crumbling civilisation , this world, steeped in superstition, poverty and bad governing.

"Soon will all that dwell on earth be enlisted under this banner" Bahaullah

We must not look at our shortcomings, they are there as always, we are not perfect any of us, so we must look at Bahaullahs love,  His generosity and grace, His forgiving us a hundredfold if we only try , -if we just take one little step He will take a thousand steps for us. This is the way of God.That is the power of faith.

And all are welcome.

With all my heart! I wish you

Happy New Year and a new fresh beginning

Laila in Gothenburg

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Dear friends
12/27/2008 9:25:12 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/28/2008 2:13:43 AM

Hello Laila!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

In our country the majority of the population celebrates orthodox Christmas on January, 7th (on old style of a calendar)

And new year we celebrate two times a year - on January, 1st and 13

Onc more Merry Chrismas (Счастливого Рождества),

Click on the picture

and Open a card by means of the cursor,
Following dancing asterisks!
(You will hear a song)

Best wishes from Russia, hugs, Lydia

Нежный праздник

+0
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/28/2008 6:50:31 AM
Hello Lydia, thanks for your sweet cards with greetings.I have listened to the beautiful song and enjoyed the snow fall slowly down to earth on the Russian old village. You are so kind and sweet. Thanks for these very welcome tokens of friendship. I hope you are well and sound and happy.
When you or your orthodox friends_ are celebrating Christmas on the 7th I will still be in London having visited a huge  Bahai conference, one of 41 world-conferences we are holding during a couple of month at this time. I have heard there will be about 2000 Bahais from Europe.
Long time ago we, you and I had some little conversation.I would be very glad to hear some of the thoughts you might have concerning the Bahai Faith, based on what you have read here or.... did you find out Russian literature at the Bahai center in Moscow! You are welcome to put any question to me. You should know that whatever happens in the world, great disasters and calamities, financial or material worldwide ones, we, the Bahais have promised and pledged to be there for mankind as their faithful friends and will readily answer every question in order to support people and help to give strength to the worried and wondering ones.Yes, whatever happens!
My questions to you are, are you one of those who always look for information about the Bahai Faith here at my forum?And, what do you think__ Is there any kind of subject that you think I should expound more thoroughly_What have I forgotten___
Happy New Year
to my Russian  friend Lydia
from Laila_

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/28/2008 7:14:49 AM
Hello Nick,
Thanks for replying with such a welcoming card! So welcome Jesus! Now is the  age and the time to really remember and count Your blessings and Your promises about a reborn mankind......which now is taking place.

Hugs to you Nick
and a Happy New Year

Laila , back home with Lios, my cat.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!