Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: THREE GREAT MASTERS' NATIVITY PAINTINGS III
12/23/2008 3:44:46 PM

Dear Jenny,

It is no wonder for me that the Caravaggio is your favorite, his perfect chiaroscuro, the highly dramatic appeal of his masterpieces and the fact that every one of his paintings is so special are irresistible qualities for people of great artistic appreciation as you are.

Thank you very much for your kind comment and I take this opportunity to wish you the merriest of Christmases and a great 2009.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/23/2008 9:47:37 PM
Dear Luis,

Thank you for the invite here, Awesome work you have brought us by The Masters as always, hard to say which is my favorite !!! Thank you for doing this so perfectly for us.

My wishes to you for an awesomely blessed time of the year, and may all good things follow you through 2009 and beyond :-)

Myspace Comments @ Comments101.com

Warm regards

Pauline
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/24/2008 4:57:52 AM

Hello Roger,

It is so great to have you here back. Your artistic appreciation is always right. Although Jacoppo Bassano is usually classified with the painters of the High Rennaissance together with Michelangelo, Leonardo and Raphael, among others, it is just because of his liking for elongated figures, including those of the animals he magnificently portrayed, that I think of him rather as a Mannerist.

"About 1540, he was greatly influenced by the elegance of the Florentine and Roman Mannerists. He especially admired the graceful attenuation of Parmigianino’s figures, as can be seen in his “Adoration of the Shepherds...” (Encyclopedia Britannica Online)

You are so right about the Caravaggio "Nativity" too. One of the things for which I most admire his paintings is the fact that all of them look so unique, almost as if he looked for the best and most impressive angle for each one, just as a modern photographer would. And you are so right as well about the lighting in his paintings; I don't have to tell you how esential this element is for photographers.

I am very happy you have found these works inspiring, as it is precisely in this way that the main purpose of this thread, to please and inspire my Adland friends, is accomplished.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Gerri Decher

718 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/25/2008 3:34:33 AM
Thank you Miguel for the beautiful paintings.

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas.

http://www.freewebs.com/ausvitality/Xmas/C266-Peace-On-Earth.gif

Brightest Blessings, Gerri

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/26/2008 7:19:15 AM

Dear Jill,

I am very sorry for replying so late; even so, let me thank you for your king message and words.

It is so nice your saying that this has always been one of your most favorite forums and that you have enjoyed the paintings shown. It is thinking of dear visitors like you that I always select these paintings (of course, I must like them in the first place).

It is a little late now to wish you a Merry Christmas, but not quite so to wish you a great and blessed year 2009.

Sincerely,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo  

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!