Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
The Value of Time
12/18/2008 9:43:49 AM
Hello every one :-)

I've found this to be so true and valuable that I decided to share it with you, and I very much hope you will consider it the same.
The Value of Time

Imagine there is a bank that credits your account each morning with $86,400. It carries over no balance from day to day. Every evening deletes whatever part of the balance you failed to use during the day.

What would you do? Draw out every cent, of course! Each of us has such a bank. Its name is TIME. Every morning, it credits you with 86,400 seconds. Every night it writes off, as lost, whatever of this you have failed to invest to good purpose.

It carries over no balance. It allows no overdraft. Each day it opens a new account for you. Each night it burns the remains of the day. If you fail to use the day's deposits, the loss is yours. There is no going back. There is no drawing against the "tomorrow".

You must live in the present on today's deposits. Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness and success!

The clock is running.
Make the most of today.

To realize the value of ONE YEAR, ask a student who failed a grade.

To realize the value of ONE MONTH, ask a mother who gave birth to a pre-mature baby.

To realize the value of ONE WEEK, ask the editor of a weekly newspaper.

To realize the value of ONE DAY, ask a daily wage laborer with kids to feed.

To realize the value of ONE HOUR, ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.

To realize the value of ONE MINUTE, ask a person who missed the train.

To realize the value of ONE SECOND, ask a person who just avoided an accident.

To realize the value of ONE MILLI-SECOND, ask the person who won a silver medal in the Olympics.

Treasure every moment that you have! And treasure it more because you shared it with someone special, special enough to spend your time.

And remember that time waits for no one.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow a mystery.
Today is a gift.
That's why it's called the present!

With friendship,
Anamaria

+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The Value of Time
12/18/2008 10:17:56 AM
Hi Ana,

What a wonderful story about time. I think I should read it several times again.

Thank you for giving us something to think about, how we spend our time.
I believe often in life as we get older we sometimes spend too much time saying," I wish I would have" regrets of yesterday.

Blessings and Hugs,

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Gerri Decher

718 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/18/2008 3:03:18 PM

Hi Ani,

Thanks for the invite...so true, time is too precious to waste, so have head down and bum up  making the most of my time today.

http://www.freewebs.com/ausvitality/Inspiration/Time.jpg

As if a moment in time stood still; this ethereal beauty standing before me.  Dreamlike, but I am not dreaming!  I feel the energy, my body is light.  
My mind is clear, my heart and soul are open.  The child within me knows 
the truth; will my adult mind allow the magic to carry with me?  Others will 
grow old, as days pass them by, living in a stale, colorless world with eyes 
half open.  Long forgotten the magic and fantasy of childhood.  First we have 
to believe, and then we believe!” –unknown

“…just close your eyes and keep your mind wide open…” - The Bridge to Tarabithia

http://www.freewebs.com/ausvitality/Xmas/wreath22.JPG

+0
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/18/2008 4:09:21 PM

Dear Ani,

I know I will disappoint you . This saga about time is nicely written .... but I do not believe in it.

It`s all about our decision - should we own our time, or just be enslaved by it.

Beside others, science already said a lot about the relativity of time. And metaphysicians try to dive a little deeper. Many news has been revealed, but , to say plain people, still won`t be able to understand that.

Not all metaphysicians - but only a few :) .

So, not to puzzle you (specially in "my" English) I will just thank you for your efforts to share what you found interesting.

Metaphysician fee-of-the-time charge :) hugs,

Branka

+0
12/18/2008 6:46:02 PM

Hello Anamaria
   Thank you for the thought provoking message. It made me wonder about something. If we could transfer the balance of today's wasted time into tomorrow's account, just think how much longer our lives could be. Perhaps we could live forever yet, not enjoy a single minute.
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!