Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Thank you for reading my letters
12/7/2008 1:27:02 PM
Hello again friends,

Today when people are turning their disappointed faces towards the shrinking finances all over the world, let us turn heavenwards and see what blessings the Lord has bestowed upon mankind in a new revelation, let us look at NEWS FROM HEAVEN.
Let us see what He reveals concerning the old questions about finances and economy. For as Abdu'l-Bahá  the son of Bahaullah says,

"
O thou seeker after the Kingdom! Every divine Manifestation is the very life of the world, and the skilled physician of each ailing soul. The world of man is sick, and the competent Physician knoweth the cure, arising as He doth with teachings, counsels and admonitions that are the remedy of each pain, the healing balm to every wound". This time I'll touch upon economy and public finance." It is certain that the wise physician can diagnose his patient's needs at any season, and apply the cure. Wherefore, relate thou the Teachings of the Abhá Beauty to the urgent needs of this present day, and thou wilt see that they provide an instant remedy for the ailing body of the world....The treatment ordered by the wise physicians of the past, and by those that follow after, is not one and the same, rather doth it depend on what aileth the patient; and although the remedy may change, the aim is always to bring back the patient back to health. In the dispensations gone before, the feeble body of the world could not withstand a rigorous and powerful cure. For this reason did Christ(The Holy Spirit) say: "I have yet many things to say unto you, matters needing to be told, but ye cannot bear to hear them now. Howbeit when that Comforting Spirit, Whom the Father will send, shall come, He will make plain unto you the whole truth.
Abdu'l-Bahá says:"The arrangements of the circumstances of the people must be such that poverty shall disappear, that everyone, as far as possible, according to his rank and position, shall share in comfort and wellbeing. We see among us men who are overburdened with riches on the one hand, and on the other those unfortunate ones who starve with nothing...This condition of affairs is wrong, and must be remedied.
...Certainly, some being enormously rich and others lamentably poor, an organisation is necessary to control and improve this state of affairs. It is important to limit riches, as it is also important to limit poverty
Public finace.( Bahaullah and the New Era quoted).
'Abdu'l-Bahá suggests that each town and village or district should be entrusted as far as possible with the administration of fiscal matters within in own area and should contribute its due proportion for the expenses of the general government. One of the principal sources of revenue should be graduated income tax. If a man's income does not exceed his necessary expenditure he should not be required to pay tax, but in all cases where income exceeds the necessary expenditure a tax should be levied, the percentage of tax increasing as the surplus of income over necessary expenditure increases.
On the other hand, if a person, through illness, poor crops, or other cause for which he is not responsible, is unable to earn an income sufficient to meet his necessary expenses for the year, then what he lacks for the maintenance of himself and his family should be supplied out of public fonds. There will also be other sources of public revenue, e.g. from intestate estates, mines, treasure trove and volontary contributions;while among the expenditures will be grants for the support of the infirm, of orphans, of schools, of the deaf and blind, and for the maintenance of public health. Thus the welfare and comfort of all will be provided for".
Abdu'l-Bahá has given many public addresses especially in the US concerning particulars of this matter.
I'll just ask, what has the bank folks done in the US? certainly not followed the above counsels, but one day they will. Certainly.

One thing is well pursued in the US, I have heard and that is voluntarily sharing.
In a letter to the Central Organization for a Durable Peace, written in 1919, Abdu'l-Bahá says:-
"Among the teachings of Bahaullah is voluntarily sharing of one's property with others among mankind. This volontarily sharing is greater than (legally imposed) equality, and consists in this, that one should not prefer oneself to others, but rather should sacrifice one's life and property for others. But this should not be induced by coersion so that it becomes a law which man is compelled to follow. Nay, rather, man should voluntarily and of his own choice sacrifice his property and life for others, and spend willingly for the poor, just as is done in Persia among the Bahais."

So what do you think?
Kind regards fronm Laila
"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Thank you for reading my letters
12/7/2008 6:39:16 PM
Hello Dearest Laila

I wear my armor everyday and am given the strength to make it through each day !

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Thank you for reading my letters
12/8/2008 2:29:56 PM
Dear Nick, hello to you.
Thanks for this remarkable figure. This is indeed the language of the spirit
. Inspiring, soothening! I know that you are, speaking with the words of Abdu'l-Bahá a soul:" in the schoolroom of the deeper knowledge".
He further says to somebody who wrote to Him: "May they"(some children pupils)" all, throughout the  reaches of the spirit, learn well of the hidden mysteries; so well that in the Kingdom of the All-Glorious, each one of them, even as a nightingale endowed with speech, will cry out the secrets of the Heavenly Realm, and like unto a longing lover pour forth his sore need and utter want of the Beloved."

And... may I ask, isn't this present period in history  that very "evil day" that we have "to withstand."I believe you have guessed it is verily so. And isn't this material world nothing but an enormous kettel of symbols denoting inner realities and processes like letters in a book by the Creator, for us to read. This is the book I love to ponder upon while doing my art and this is the new adventurous source of inspiration of future artists and poets,dancers and others so that we can be done with the abstract and corrupt arts of the present time.
 I am going to London soon for a huge two-days Bahai conference! , one of 41 conferences held during  a couple of months all over the world.I am exited and very happy to be able to go. I'll tell you later about it. And afterwards I'll visit the London museums on the 5th,6th and7th of January . I hope to learn something from the old collections,to get some inspiration from the art of bygone ages,when still the human form was popular in art. There might be something extraordinary for me. OtherwiseI feel like a stranger among my artistic contemporaries, because I intensely love this corporeal frame of humans and the mimics of the human face.I hardly ever see it portraited nowadays though. Last saturday I was one of about 40 other artists from the realm exhibiting a few peaces of art each at the Library in a nearby little town, Kungälv. Very few portraited humans, some exhibited sculptored heads being stiff and impersonal:4 small rectangular boxlike bodies with little heads, all the same, having no expression at all.What was it for? Another one was a closed face with a crack in the head! Still another was just a fragment. Typical .It has definitely to do with the general estrangement that grows among people today,the artists being no exception.... this in turn depending upon man becoming a stranger to his own self,having lost the connection with the spiritual realm. Could there be another explanation?In the old prechristian nordic wisewords the "Havamal" it says, "Man is man's joy"........... It will return. Certainly. Only..as Bob Kennedy said upon being shot, "it(or all) will be worse before it becomes well again".

My heartiest greetings I send to you, my good and brilliant  friend Nick
Laila who will now give some food to a hungry red cat.
"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!