Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The end of the constitutional republic?
12/12/2008 11:06:11 AM
Geketa,

I knew you would and I could safely assume *lol*. 
I agree with your post too.

I am so glad that you seem to understand where I am coming
from too with my different yet similar culture and the culture shock
I suffered with until I could slowly but surely find one or two then a
small handful of other people that I could relate too.

It has not been my intent to get up and change America or its
culture, patritism or anything.  It has been this dumbed down and ignorance to the people that I have wanted to open their eyes. 
I am finding that there are many people like yourself whom are aware of this and doing their bit to try and enlighten people.

I am angry for these unenlightened people because their basic rights have been compromised and slowly but surely the Constitution is being dismissed as an important part of the USA's freedom and ignored to bring into new rules.

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Article5

Amendment 1
- Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791.
Note

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

In the 1st amendment, the press does not have the freedom to tell the news without bias and restrictions - Who is putting the screws on the press that they are completely biased?
Right of the People to peacefully assemble - the police are called
for disturbing the peace or you are charged with Loitering

Amendment 14 - Citizenship Rights. Ratified 7/9/1868. Note History

(3 parts to this amendment)

3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress
may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Do you reckon this covers Obama's association with his 'radical friends'!

Slowly the Amendments have been compromised whereby the
High courts are not taking Obama's refusual to produce his birth certificate as relevance under the Constitution rules to be President.

Soon we will see compromising with our Freedom of speech, Freedom to travel without compromise for our own personal securities as anyone of authority can look over cell phone records,
credit card usage, new American Passports issued are all now marked with a chip barcode that can be traced where you go.

I admit as I read down the Amendments I did not completely understand the 'legal jargon' and some American words that
I am not familar with, so I will have to re-read and digest and
perhaps come back to discuss if necessary.

America has some strange words that are not in the British
english dictionary. British english and spelling is spoken and
written in New Zealand.

+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/12/2008 11:12:32 AM
                                            MESSAGE FROM THE QUEEN!

To the citizens of the United States of America

In light of your failure in recent years to nominate competent candidates for President of the USA and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately. (You should  look up 'revocation' in the Oxford English Dictionary.)  

Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths, and territories (except Kansas , which she does not fancy). Your new Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, will appoint a Governor for America without the need for further elections. Congress and the Senate will be disbanded.  A questionnaire may be circulated next year to determine whether any of you noticed.

The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as 'colour,' 'favour,' 'labour' and 'neighbour.'  Likewise, you will learn to spell 'doughnut' without skipping half the letters, and the suffix '-ize' will be replaced by the suffix '-ise.'  Generally, you will be expected to raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels.  (Look up 'vocabulary').

You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers, or therapists.  The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you're not quite ready to be independent.   Guns should only be used for shooting grouse.  If you can't sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist, then you're not ready to shoot grouse.

All intersections will be replaced with roundabouts, and you will start driving on the left side with immediate effect.  At the same time, you will go metric with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion tables.   Both roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.

The cold, tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all.  Henceforth, only proper British Bitter will be referred to as beer, and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as Lager.  New Zealand beer is also acceptable, as they are pound for pound the greatest sporting nation on earth and it can only be due to the beer.

You will cease playing American football.  There is only one kind of proper football; you call it soccer.  Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which has some similarities to American football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds)

You must tell us who killed JFK.   It's been driving us mad.

Daily Tea Time begins promptly at 4 p.m. with proper cups, with saucers, and never mugs, with high quality biscuits and cakes; plus strawberries (with cream) when in season.

God Save the Queen!
+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/15/2008 11:29:55 AM
Hi Amanda,

You and Me think very much alike about politics,morals and values. Even though we have two totally different religions that is amazing in some respects but it also shows there is a true sense of what is right and what is wrong. When people can't tell the difference of what is right or wrong , good or bad  how can they make good choices? I do not believe they can.

To many folks today hold the idea that right and wrong are in the eye of the beholder much like beauty. They see truth in the same manner. Since the politically correct crowd,  started to dominate our lives in every way imaginable there is no more right or wrong. NO truth . no moral and no values we have lost our standards. Its how you feel about it. a society in this state of ambiguity  according to what I have read in the history of different countries the society begins to break down an usually shortly afterwords falls apart and thus is extinct . A country in an immoral state is a very easy target for take it over by propaganda invasion or by political maneuvering. All you have to do is win the hearts and minds of the people .. sound familiar ? Can you say Hitler?

BTW LOL
I love the queen comment .. what a hoot .. thanks for sharing that .. I had to take a copy of it to send to friends.

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/18/2008 11:06:40 PM
Hi Geketa,

James and I have been away on a mini vacation down to Branson, Missouri (first time
in that State) and briefly into Arkansas which was 3 miles down the road (first time
there too)
We left here with the weather below zero and left our heater (new radiation type
heater that would not burn down the house being left on) Feed all the animals
and left enough extra food for them.  When we returned yesterday about 3.30pm.
The animals were glad to see us, their water trough had run out of water, which has
a automatic turn on when the water gets low and also a water heated.  We we got
inside all was apparent why.  All our water pipes had frozen, drains had frozen. 20o inside!  That's the trouble with no insulation. Fired up the free standing fire place
and got it roaring.
As the pipes started to thaw out, one of them in the laundry which also feeds the
animal trough outside burst and we had water squirting all over the place.  James
had to run down into the cellar to turn off the main, so we have no water at present
until we get it fixed today.  The toilet system also sprung a leak as the porcelain
cracked.  What a mess.  Our friend came this morning and fixed the water pipe
in the laundry, showed me how to do the system as he did not have time to do it
as he had somewhere to go and fitted us in.  I undid the bolts and ready for James
to help me lift it off.  When he came home turned the main back on and discovered
the other pipe for the hot water had also weakened and had a hole.  We had to
turn the water off again.  Our friend will be back tomorrow.  Melted some snow for
water.

Now onto your post.. I was not aware you and I had different religions, although
I claim not to belong to any organized religion and consider myself spiritual
believer.  I have a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.  The main
things I value with other people is finding that common ground of interests and
kindred spirit.  A persons religious views or the church they belong to is not a big
bother to me - When we can discuss our views in friendly terms I have no problems.
If they start trying to convert me over to their ways and will not agree to disagree, they find resistance from me, especially if they have very opposing views.  I have to ask them to agree to disagree and keep our religious views out of our friendship or we will have to part company.  I do not like to be hounded which will get my back up.

Yes I agree, persons moral character are on the decline and accepted as OK.
I understand and agree that you love the 'sinner' but hate the 'sin'.  However
I do not agree that I should just go along with the wrong doing when I know it
is going on as that makes them think that I am condoning this.  I believe I have
to say I do not agree.
What seems to be taught these days is:  If it feels right, go for it.  This can be
very dangerous ground because people can and do start to squash their conscience
that it does not alert them anymore and these people get deeper into immoral,
and illegal stuff.   Promiscuity, alcohol, drugs etc
I do not agree when there are people who say that homosexuals were born that
way, I believe it a choice the same with gender change-over.  (Men wanting to be women and women wanting to be men.)   and other choices people make,
they follow from peer pressure,  society, Hollywood stars etc because they are
doing it - it looks cool or hot, whatever the latest saying is! 

I thought you may enjoy the Queens speech! *grin*

Amanda

+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/19/2008 8:28:17 AM
Hi Amanda,

I am so sorry for all your broken pipes and leaks. We had that happen one time while we were away in Texas visiting my oldest daughter. What a mess we returned to. Thankfully it was frozen until we got home and then had to thaw everything out we had to replace most of the plumbing pipes in the house. Just like you the toilet broke too ours was due to a power outage while we were away.

I don't believe just because two people have different religions that they can't be friends and share common interest. Jews don't proselytize their friends its just not something we do. So you are safe with me in that respect and on certain issues we will have to agree to disagree.

The moral fabric  of much of the world seems to be at a critical breakdown and the sad part is they are so ignorant they don't even see it . Nothing is scared for many any longer and truth is in the eyes of the beholder. We are in a sad state globally.

Geketa
Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!