Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Neil Sperling

1645 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Revamping my Adland Approach
11/27/2008 10:40:30 AM

I was recently prompted to reply to a friend who claimed I was a man of courage, and asked in a round about way what my take on Adland is.

Here is my reply!

Man of courage -- I like that!

Just remember though, "a brave man is no braver than a coward, however he is braver a few minutes longer."

I'm revamping my Adland approach.

Time I started advertising here daily - even if all one does is re-post the same ad every day.

Every ad... every signature link... and every forum post does one thing... adds one more link to your offer. That is a good thing!

Using Adland as a networking place, hoping to get leads from friends and forums is NOT what it is all about. Building your own credibility and offering your contacts a place to get to know you and your offer, IS what Adland is about.

I'm just learning the truth behind that!

As a community of friends, giving written friendship notes and forum support is another thing that Adland is about. Many are here strickly for the sense of belonging, somewhere... and that is a good thing too. However that wont bring you a dime to your business any more than belonging to a bowling club would.

Posting in another persons forum, with well thought out comments, is good for character reference and friendship. Nothing more. It will never add a dime to your business.

Having one's forum link advertised elsewhere may bring people through the back door to your offer, so advertise your forum other places on the web. Bring outsiders to your forums and thus your credibility and offer will be exposed in one more way.

The spam in one's inbox is not much different than joining safe lists....

I personally do not take offense to PM spams for that reason... Checking and Deleting Unopened PM's is NOT a time consuming activity, and face it... some spam contains offers of worth so they are worth reading at times too.

Thus I see Adland similar to a safe list, plus try to take advantage of the other marketing tools. Personally "I don't spam through pm's" but do use the direct mail and targeting mail functions available. Use the offers/requests, the advertising, the banners, the auto responders, the blogs, the photo galleries and forums for what they are intended and you will benefit in many ways being part of this community.

Adland mailing, would be much more effective if direct mails and targeting mails would be sent to ONLY members who have logged on over last 12 months. Currently I estimate 70% of Direct Mail and Targeting mail is a TOTAL waste, for the people are not even here any more.

For that reason, the cost of buying extra direct mailing and targeting mailing credits is NOT a good deal. Extra being over and above the monthly fee for an Adland upgrade. Yet in conjunction with the other marketing tools available, personally I will remain a Paid Adlander.

The cost is "almost" justifiable for business purposes alone. Add the many friendships and learning that some forums inspire, will keep me here as a paid member!

That my friend is my take on Adland.

Love - Light - Laughter

Neil

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Revamping my Adland Approach
11/27/2008 11:38:03 AM

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Steven Suchar

13302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/27/2008 12:12:17 PM
Hi Neil!

Well said my brother...

Your friendship is the best gift I could ever receive. :)  God bless you always!!

Have a wonderful day...your OREO friend Steven.

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/27/2008 12:36:59 PM
Neil i agree, well said, it is truly a blessing to be part of something more than just the business side here at Adlandpro. I hold to a teaching Neil that has some charactoristics to what you have posted. in Colossians 4:5 " Be wise in the way you act towards outsiders; make the most of ever opportunity. Realize with family it usually takes time. Plant and water seeds, but don't try to force them to grow overnight. Watch out that across as swelf-righteous or spiritually arrogent."  Here's another my friends in Matthew 5:14-16- "Let your light shine! Be differant. Preach a sermon with your life. Show love, say " I love you," be a servant, be thankful, be kind, be unselfish." We here at Adlandpro, you , me , other friends Neil make Adlandpro a special place more than other communitys, I see it. In Romans 12:18 it reads " If it is possible, as far a it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." God_bless you with your contibutions! :)
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/27/2008 2:07:41 PM
You proved your point Neil. You forgot one.

Post on every forum available BUT do not read the forum.  That would be a waste of your time.  The person making the forum thread may have spent an hour making the forum and plans to use it as reference  material but that's ok, just post "thank you". Please do not join the forum as that would cost you considerable time helping your fellow Adlanders in any discussion.

Sorry I don't have time to comment on your statements but I'm a very busy ol lady and no time for your nonsense.

I better scoot outa here fast and get over to Apsense, trafficerra, Better Networker, Ulearn2earn.  Even "Going to the Dogs' and "Going to the Cats" is looking like safe haven.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!