Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Four Hour Stew
11/17/2008 11:46:25 PM
Here is a healthy recipe for stew. You can bake it in the oven at a low temperature or use your crock pot.

4 Hour Stew

3 large potatoes
2# beef stew meat
4 carrots
green peppers
1 large onion
2 stalks celery
3 tablespoons minute tapioca
2 beef bouillon cubes
1 cup tomato juice or V8
1 Tablespoon sugar (I would skip this)
Salt to taste

Mix everything together. Bake at 250 degrees for 4 hours or place in crockpot and cook 6-8 hours.
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Four Hour Stew
11/18/2008 2:09:25 AM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
11/18/2008 7:05:49 AM
Stew sounds yummy on a frosty day like this.  We have snow all around us but it is only frost here at the top of Long Point.  Some ski resorts are opening this weekend north of here.
Shirley Manion
Shirley Manion MoneyMakers, Shopping, blogs, fun places http://www.connectionsecrets.com/webmasterhelpers Shopping Bargains and Deals Connections http://www.connectionsecrets.com/bargainshopping Your own fun Iggly Biggly business for only $20.00 h
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/18/2008 8:34:27 AM
Hi Donna,
I have made stew like this, but never put in tapicoa, which sounds great.  I love the texture tapicoa gives food.
I would not add the sugar either.  I wonder why people think they need sugar in something like this.
This sure would be good on a cold day like this one. I think I may try it.

Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/18/2008 8:28:46 PM

Hi Donna,

Thanks my Friend.  Another great Recipe which sounds absolutely delicious.  I love making Stews, since I can eat right along with the rest of the family, I just have to leave all of the Stew Meat for them.  Like Myrna, I've never used Tapioca before, but it sure does sound better than the Corn Starch that I usually use as a thickener.

This will probably be Thursday night's meal.  I just got another Bread Recipe that I've been wanting to try, and this sounds like the perfect opportunity.  Here's the Recipe if you're interested...

Whole-Wheat Hard-Crust Bread 

3 tablespoon active dry yeast
4 1/2 cup warm water
4 1/2 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 tablespoon salt
7 tablespoon cooking oil
10 cup all-purpose flour
2 cup whole-wheat flour
1 sesame seeds

Proof the yeast in 1/2 cup warm water and 1 tsp sugar. Mix the rest of the sugar, the salt, and 6 Tbs of the oil with the rest of the warm water. Make a well in the center of the flour; put all the liquid and yeast in the well, and mix all together. Keep pulling the flour until everything is mixed. Then start kneading by hand, adding a little more flour if needed, so that the dough leaves the hands. Let sit in a greased mixing bowl for 10 mins; then remove and knead for 1-2 mins. Do this 4 more times, every 10 mins. Alternatively, let rise once until doubled in bulk and punch down.

Place in 4 oblong or round greased baking tins, or mold on a cookie sheet sprinkled with oil. Cut the top with a knife and let rise 1 1/2 hrs. Sprinkle with oil and then sesame seeds.

Bake in a 400 F oven 20 mins, or until golden. Makes 4 loaves.

You'll notice that this makes four loaves.  This is an advantage.  While we all like to think that our Neighbors have got our backs in case of an Emergency, I know that my Neighbors have got mine.  Every so often, I'll stop by with one of those extra fresh-baked loaves of bread, with a little home-made Honey Butter and we just visit for a spell.  Works wonders, plus it's really quite enjoyable.

Have A Beautiful Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!