Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
A wonderful Pooh Bear Quote
11/15/2008 12:50:31 PM
Hi everyone,

Many of you know I am a devotee to Whinnie the Pooh the wonderful, "kids" stories by A. A. Milne. They really are for Adults and speak to the kid within us all.

Here is a great quote for you.

Top of the Forest, By Nick Grimshawe

"Wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, in that enchanted place on the top of the forest, a little boy and his Bear will always be playing."

Source: A. A. Milne

This is a beautiful quote that touches me deeply.

Just to know that there is an enchanted place, deep in the heart,  where that boundless sense of adventure from the long days of our childhood still remain, brings a joy to my soul.

The simplicity of Pooh is the simplicity of the way things where before we complicated it all up with can nots and impossible things, and limits and time. We call it growing up, coming to terms with the facts of life, but perhaps we need a different name for it. Growing down is my suggestion.

Perhaps we should not put so much faith in growing up but rather put our faith in simple things, like the day's little adventure in the woods, or lazing by a river in the sunshine, or dreaming under a cloudless sky.

Perhaps this will be the measure of the awakening of the world, instead of growing up we will transcend to that enchanted place on the top of the forest, where a little boy and his bear will always be playing.

Let's hope so.

This weekend go to that enchanted place and play again.

Nick

Today's Links

Adventure is a Wonderful Thing

Inspirational Leadership: The Three Keys

Nick Grimshawe Subscribe for Free at http://beautifulsummermorning.com/subscribe-today
+0
Re: A wonderful Pooh Bear Quote
11/15/2008 1:02:02 PM
Thanks Nick!

I love Winnie the Pooh, in fact my hubby read me "The Tao of Pooh", a little bit at a time after we ate lunch.  It was delightful as well as a wonderful way to "share time together"!

Thanks so much for your pictures, your quotes, you add so much to our lives.

Lorna

+0
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/15/2008 1:16:13 PM
HI Lorna,

Great to hear from you. "The Tao of Pooh" is right up there as one of my favorite books. I have two copies in fact and refer to it often. There is at once something light and uplifting in Pooh, yet on another level, something than reaches down into our core being and connects.

What a wonderful way to hear the book. What a lovely gift.

This quote really grabs me.

Nick
Nick Grimshawe Subscribe for Free at http://beautifulsummermorning.com/subscribe-today
+0
11/15/2008 1:36:52 PM

Thank you for the bit of sunshine from Pooh Bear, he is just so lovable.

I may grow old but I will always be a child at heart.

Bless you,

Sara

+0
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/15/2008 8:06:18 PM
Hi Sara,

Yes, I think that is why the quote tugs at me, it affirms that childhood is forever at least somewhere, and that it is okay to be a child and play no matter how old you get to be.

Nick
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!