Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: What about Respect in Making a Difference?
2/7/2009 6:45:43 PM
Hello Nick, Dear friend and Brother...

Thank you for your Wonderful Presence and Contribution...

I do really appreciate your Unique Way of Expressing Your Difference...
It is so well reflected in Lao Tzu saying...

Blessings,
Alain
+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/7/2009 6:51:39 PM
Hello Sweet Myrna!

You are certainly reflecting Respect all around this community and this is for sure one of the reason you are now being recognized as the Queen of Adland in POTW. Thank you for your Presence and Contribution!

Blessings,
Alain
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/7/2009 6:59:59 PM
Alain,

You my friend ,are a real gem.  I cherish your friendship, and respect.

I just posted this on Pat's site, it is the cutest little kitten I have seen.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/7/2009 7:22:24 PM
WOW Myrna!
What a cute little kittie...
and, how much respect and gentleness it deserves so that a great relationship can be based on trust and confidence and love...

Blessings,
Alain
+0
Jean Marie

199 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/7/2009 7:23:55 PM

Dearest Alain -

Thank you for such a worthwhile topic....

My grandfather once told me,"you must respect yourself before you can expect others to respect you".

A teacher once told me, "respect is to be earned and nurtured, and never taken for granted".

A friend once said, "I would prefer to be respected and liked, but if I had to choose one, it would be respect...  as long as I'm respected, it doesn't seem to matter as much if I am well-liked".

Can one respect anything if you have no respect for self? Can one truly live if one does not respect life?  Can one attain knowledge if one has no respect for the teacher or institution at which they teach? Can one respect the law and then break it when convenient?

A true leader will never inspire those that follow without first earning their respect; a true friendship cannot develop unless there is respect; and love will not flourish where there is no respect.

If one wants to truly make a difference, wants to do something better with the life they've been given, then one must respect themselves and those they interact with.

Respect does not mean you must agree....  respect means that you agree it's okay to disgaree.... 

We may never agree on certain issues, but it never lessens the love and respect I hold for those I interact with...  especially my friends!

Hugs to all,

JeanMarie

JeanMarie http://www.3daydancers.com "May you live today from what you learned yesterday to achieve a better tomorrow"
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!