Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Congratulations
11/9/2008 10:22:27 AM
Hello everybody

For a few days I have been quite happy. I am happy that the American people have chosen Barack Obama for president.
Congratulations!
I believe you have chosen a good man bringing with him clear and well anchored visions  and projects for the betterment of the whole world, as well as for the US .
Many Swedes, in fact most of them have expressed their satisfaction that Obama was chosen as president of the US.
I do not express political views or vote politically, being a Bahai, since it is inevitable that you automatically have to be opposed to others belonging to another political party, mostly holding to  opposite views regarding many issues, thus risking conflict. We can vote  at elections but we are told to look at the spiritual attitude of the ones that are eligible.
But I am glad, Obama is young and full of energy, he is Afroamerican!  He is for Change. He is for a dialog with the EU. To be willing to listen to others  is a spiritual attitude and he has expressed his willingness to have that.
Certainly Mac Cain is a good man too, and others in the field, but I personally think it is better that  members of the younger generation may present  their perspective upon all the pressing issues, that surrounds us all, especially the threat of impending and crucial catastrophes due to global warming. They, the younger  ones are those who will live on and they are the ones who will give children to the future, .( Beyond 2 degrees higher temperature,-
now 0,8 higher-, makes the earth tip into a self destructive state or condition.)

The Bahai attitude is that, naturally, also  governments and political leaders of the world are blessed by an allloving almighty God as are spiritual institutions. However there should be a dialogue between the too, a consultative one.
Also the International Bahai Community is functioning  as an NGO with consultativ status at the United Nations. Believers should pray on behalf of the secular leaders of the world.

"The one true God, exalted be His glory, hath ever regarded , and will continue to regard, the hearts of men as His own, His exclusive possession. All else, whether pertaining to land and sea, whether riches or glory, He has bequeathed unto the Kings and rulers of the earth".....(As I said, of course God guides the politicians too. but God alone has laid out the goal for mankind...

"it beseemeth all men, in this Day, to take firm hold on the Most Great Name, and to establish the unity of mankind. There is no place to flee to, no refuge that one can seek, except Him." (Gleanings from the Writings of Bahaullah).

"The signs of impending convulsions and chaos can now be discerned, inasmuch as the prevailing order appeareth to be lamentably defective." "We have pledged Ourselves to secure Thy (God's) triumph upon earth and to exalt Our Cause above all men, though no king be found who would turn his face towards Thee "
"The Great Being, wishing to reveal the prerequisites of the peace and tranquility of the world and the advancement of its peoples, hath written; The time must come when the imperative necessity for the holding of a vast, an all-embracing assemblage of men will be universally realized. The rulers and kings of the earth must needs attend it, and participating in its deliberations, must consider such ways and means as will lay the foundations of the world's Most Great Peace (this Great Peace is  a unity embracing spiritual as well as political and economic factors) amongst men. Such a peace demandeth that the Great Powers should resolve, for the sake of the tranquility of the peoples of the earth, to be fully reconciled among themselves. Should any kind take up arms against another, all should unitedly arise and prevent him."( Gleanings...)
(I believe this "arising" has at least began to be practiced, though half heartedly) Several top meetings in various countries have been held, regarding all sorts of matters, regarding the status of women, enonomics, climate,water, peace etc. thus being forced to follow up what Bahaullah ordained, so long ago. As I see it God is forcing us to do what He has already intended for mankind.
Many people  think God has forgotten mankind.Last night on Swedish TV we could see a program called..Why is God letting the world succumb_-_                               The state is the reversed one. We have forgotten God.
But God has always stuck to His Plan.

Still the forming of a world federation and a world government  with executive institutions is not seriously being discussed yet as a way and  a source of a general peace and the united fight against the destruction of land and sea, rivers and glacieres and atmosphere. But we are awaiting this. This is what God has ordained, and we will have to shape this, whether we know His intension or not..
Here is an analogy>The child doesn\t know it is going to be born, still it has to go through a narrow channel and come into the light outside the mother.
Mankind is just now  inside of that narrow divine channel, which is pressing it out into a new stage of development, a new world order, destined for it since immemorial timessoon to build its institutions.

"Now that ye have refused the Most Great Peace, hold ye fast unto this, the Lesser Peace, (a political unity of states)that haply ye may in some degreee better your own condition and that of your dependents."

Many people think there has been no news from heaven for thousands of years, but listen:

"That which the Lord hath ordained as the sovereign remedy and mightiest instrument for the healing of the world is the union of all its peoples in one universal Cause, one common Faith. This can in no wise be achieved except through the power of a skilled, an allpowerful and inspired Physician". (Gleanings...)
"Soon will the present-day order be rolled up and a new one spread out in its stead." (Gleanings...)
With the help of a fresh insight that mankind is one family, which, truly, IS THE GROWING SPIRIT OF THIS AGE, /ask any youngster!/ this will be brought about and Earth will be regarded as  one country and mankind its citizens." This growth is unfolding through our international  common problems  and concerns,/this is the pressing channel/, which therefore can be seen as blessings in disguise. And with this vision of the unity of mankind becoming clearer with each passing day we will ,endowed with stronger hearts learn to treat  Mother Earth  and her many children as mature responsible loving beings as God  has purposed, revealed and promised, through ALL His Messengers.
I just wish that you too soon, my readers, would be like the rock convinced of this like I am, convinced that whatever the tests will be for an unbelieving world, we will learn to love our kind,  mankind, and abandon the common and deceitful attitude of resignation in this day of great turmoil.
Bahaullah says.

The light of men is justice, Quench it not with the contrary winds of oppression and tyranny. The purpose of justice is the appearance of unity among men. The ocean of divine wisdom surgeth within this exalted word, while the books of the world cannot contain its inner significance, Were mankind to be adorned with this raiment, they would behold the daystar of the utterance, On that day God will satisfy everyone out of His abundance, shining resplendent above the horizon of the world....Verily I say, whatever is sent down from the heaven of the Will of God is the means for the establishment of order in the world and the instrument for promoting unity and fellowship among its peoples. Thus hath the Toungue of this Wronged One spoken from His Most Great Prison*.                          *The Crusaders fort of Akka

Greetings
from Laila
"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Congratulations
11/9/2008 6:14:58 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Congratulations
11/10/2008 2:56:50 PM
Hello  Nick and good evening

Of course I should have said. may you all become more solid as a rock in your belief than I am
Thank you for your sweet card, dear Nick, my good friend .
May you also have a good time.
Actually I am calm and composed, having  seen an end of a long period of living on the margin, as we call it. I now look forward to have the means of making advertising for my art. Within a year I can also have the time to make more pots with faces on them.I will then retire from all the little things that other people have wanted me to make all my life. I will also make a new effort to produce stone art,since I will be able to get those expensive tools for it. All this because of my love for faces, smiling, laughing, meditating. This is my plan.

Happy hugs to you and all your cats. I have showed your cats to some other people,which made them happy.

Greetings from Laila

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!