Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Shelly Hargis

523 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
"Last Respects"
10/29/2008 10:54:22 AM

Hi Friends.

Here is another Great short story I found. Hope you  enjoy. :) :

One day not too long ago the employees of a large company in St. Louis, Missouri returned from their lunch break and were greeted with a sign on the front door. The sign said: "Yesterday the person who has been hindering your growth in this company passed away. We invite you to join the funeral in the room that has been prepared in the gym."

At first everyone was sad to hear that one of their colleagues had died, but after a while they started getting curious about who this person might be.

The excitement grew as the employees arrived at the gym to pay their last respects. Everyone wondered: "Who is this person who was hindering my progress? Well, at least he's no longer here!"

One by one the employees got closer to the coffin and when they looked inside it they suddenly became speechless. They stood over the coffin, shocked and in silence, as if someone had touched the deepest part of their soul.

There was a mirror inside the coffin: everyone who looked inside it could see himself. There was also a sign next to the mirror that said: "There is only one person who is capable to set limits to your growth: it is YOU.

You are the only person who can revolutionize your life. You are the only person who can influence your happiness, your realization and your success. You are the only person who can help yourself.

Your life does not change when your boss changes, when your friends change, when your parents change, when your partner changes, when your company changes. Your life changes when YOU change, when you go beyond your limiting beliefs, when you realize that you are the only one responsible for your life.

"The most important relationship you can have, is the one you have with yourself."

Author Unknown

Thanks Friends,

Shelly Hargis

+0
Beverly Kersey

1239 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: "Last Respects"
10/29/2008 2:09:46 PM

Thank you Shelly for such an inspiring story. You must have faith and love of yourself before you can be successful in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

God Bless My Friend

Beverly Kersey
+0
Greer Trumble

251 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/29/2008 2:13:30 PM

Oh so very true, Shelly! 

I didn't make this one-liner up, but I always thought it was funny...

"I'm the most interesting person I know and I want to get to know myself better"

Regards, Greer Trumble _____________ Can you give away an auto responder account?
If you can you will be successful and build your list! Get a FREE Autoresponder

+0
Shelly Hargis

523 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/30/2008 10:18:18 AM

Thank you Beverly.

That is so true. I remember when I was young and going to school, how insecure I was and how I constantly worried about what other people thought of me. How I wasted so many years of time doing that. Of course, when we grow up and mature and let life smack you in the face a few(thousand) times,lol, we learn what is important in life. I am still insecure a little and I guess a little needy when it comes to friends but ever since I met my husband and had children, I realized I did not care what people thought of me anymore. I did not care if I was overweight or wore glasses or did not have the best name brand clothes. All that mattered is that I was loved for being me. I was Shelly, the wife, Mommy and now MaMaw and I am truly loved. That is when I learned to love me and learned my true worth.

I did not mean to ramble,lol. I just hope that everyone will realize their true worth and realize that those who love you is also the reason that you should love yourself. :)

Thanks Beverly, Dear Friend.

Your Friend,

Shelly Hargis

+0
Shelly Hargis

523 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/30/2008 10:22:12 AM

Hi Greer and Thank you for stopping by. I like that saying. It is a good reminder to keep our heads up. ( As long as they are not too far up, LOL. )

Thanks Friend,

Shelly Hargis

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!