Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Great announcement for Native Americans
10/21/2008 10:57:56 PM

I am so thrilled to see these People get some good news, they have worked hard to get this signed. May we all love them for they are our brothers and sisters, we are all one.

The blue is for the sky and the green is for mother earth.

The great announcement is:

To my brothers and sisters. We have a week now that is going to be Native American Week. The bill was signed by President Bush. The week after Thanksgiving Will Be Native American Week

Golden Eagle

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+2
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Indian/Native Americans info
10/21/2008 11:24:48 PM
Hi Beverly,

Thank you so much for your words. The Native Americans deserve to be recognized. I am so excited for them. I just want to make a great forum for them to let them know we care.

Hugs,
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+2
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Great announcement for Native Americans
10/21/2008 11:53:41 PM
A tribute to Golden Eagle: my brother, who has inspired me to make this forum

3 of Golden Eagles writings:

In the old days our people had no education. All their wisdom and knowledge came to them from dreams. They tested their dreams and in that way learned their own strength

The attitude of our leaders will be the attitude of the people. The attitude of the parents will be the attitude of the children. If respect is shown from above, respect will be developed below. If the Elders show respect, the younger people will be respectful. As above, so below. This happens because of interconnectedness. The heart of the Elders is connected to the heart of the youth. Great Spirit, in the fall season let me respect both the Elders and the youth

"Peace... comes within the souls of men when they realize their relationship, their oneness, with the universe and all its powers, and when they realize that at the center of the Universe dwells Wakan-Tanka, and that this center is really everywhere, it is within each of us.If we are to know peace we must look within ourselves. In order to do this, we must learn to be still. We must quiet the mind. We must learn to meditate. Meditation helps us locate and find the center that is within ourselves. The center is where the Great One resides. When we start to look for peace, we need to realize where it is within ourselves. When we experience conflict we need to pause for a moment and ask the Power within ourselves, "How do you want me to handle this? What would you suggest I do in this situation?" By asking the Higher Power for help we find peace.  Creator, help me to find peace.

GoldenEagle
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/22/2008 12:22:52 PM

Hi Myrna,

Thank you so much for this very important post and for sharing this wonderful news.  I must agree with Beverly that it's about time!

My Great Grandmother on my Mother's side was Full Blooded Cherokee.  While I'm not certain whether that makes me 1/8 or 1/16, I do know that I'm proud of my Cherokee Blood, deeply saddened by the many injustices that have been committed against all Native Americans over the years,  and thankful that the Government has finally, after all of these years, decided to Honor our Ancestors.

"As I walk the trail of life in the fear of the wind and rain,
grant O Great Spirit that I may always walk like a man."
Cherokee Prayer

Each and everyone of us struggle daily with Good and Evil, the forces inside of us which battle for control.  May this old Cherokee Legend help us all to better understand...

Two Wolves 

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.

"It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego." He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

Have A Blessed & Beautiful Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+1
Jen
Jen Maxwell

658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/22/2008 12:26:23 PM

Hi Myrna,

A great tribute to a great people.  Thank you for starting
this forum.

Your friend,
Jen

Award Winning System cancels mortgage and debt interest on steroids! Without paying more each month! "The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about and refuse to investigate
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!