Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The American son who died a British hero
10/23/2008 2:49:32 PM

Ana Maria,

This is a brilliant choice. Lots of information.

Can you believe this? They have rebuilt an exact copy of Cody's airplane but "Health and Safety" in the UK would never allow anyone to fly it. Risky to do so but shouldn't they be allowed if they wanted to. We are over protected here now

I'm surprised that more of my American friends aren't interested.

Have a wonderful week, you are a very good friend.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/23/2008 2:54:57 PM

Jen,

Well done. I didn't know about the house.

You will see, on the house, a blue plaque. In the UK we have a blue plaque scheme to remind folk of famous occupants of houses. I gues this in Aldershot or Farnborough. I will research.

Roger

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/24/2008 7:23:29 PM

Hi Roger, thank you for inviting me here. I'll have a hard time trying to do any better than Ana Maria, who provided some useful and interesting information on this topic. It is actually surprising that Samuel Cody didn't get more recognition than he did for his piece in history. Here is another link from the Economic Expert about Samuel Cody. I'm sorry I don't have any cool pics to share at this point. I'll see what I can come up with!

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/24/2008 7:34:19 PM

Jim,

Your contribution is very welcome and the article has some really good links in it.

These guys had real guts. Flight in something like a wooden and canvass box must have been to say the least scary.

Unfortunately Cody and his friend dropped from 500feet one day and the rest, as they say, is history.

Bless you for your support.

Roger

+0
Valerie Clavin

4235 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/1/2008 8:16:56 PM

Hi Roger,

I learned something new today! I wonder why we were never told about this in school. QUite interesting reading. My husband, Keith, is a pilot. I will have to share this info with him, especially the video.

Thanks

Blessings

Valerie Clavin

Hugs = Priceless

Glimpse

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!