Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Are you an invisible diner..?
10/7/2008 6:36:03 PM

Are you an invisible diner..?

You've walked into a restaurant, sat down and your order has been taken, and you're looking forward to a nice meal. But that's where the process stalls. Anticipation turns to bemusement, then frustration. You've reached the 40-minute-waiting-mark. "Excuse me, is our entree on the way?" If this sounds familiar, you're one of the dining forgotten. You've become a transparent diner.

So why does this happen? It's because you are unmemorable. You sit quietly, order politely, and wait patiently. But in today's dining environment this is not good enough. So now it's time to fight back. The secret is to make yourself memorable at the time of ordering.

WAITRESS: "May I take your order, please?"

YOU: "Lovely. I'd like the (begin barking) woof! woof! woof! risotto please," now slap yourself across the face and sing at the top of your voice, "I'm a yankee doodle dandy, a yankee doodle dandy..."

WAITRESS: "Errrrr, OK, sir. And for you madam?"

YOUR WIFE: "I think I'll have...(make a fart noise with your hand under your armpit) the chicken breast" shouting, "Geronimoooooooo!" and swing your handbag around your head and bang the table.

Of course, you can enlarge on this script as you expand your repertoire. Oh, I can hear all the excuses: "But we'll be embarrassed", or "but I'm a Supreme Court Judge." Well, snap out of it. Cry-babies go to bed without dinner, unless you count the Macca's drive-through on the way home.

This technique can be used in any service scenario. But remember not to use it at dinner parties, because if anyone has a dining room large enough to overlook guests, they probably have servants who will throw you into the street.    

+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Are you an invisible diner..?
10/28/2008 6:50:52 PM

Are you an invisible poster..???
+0
11/20/2008 1:13:28 PM
And if that doesn't work then let them think you are from a Mystery shopping service.
You can, if you think you can. You are somebody, cause God don't make no junk!
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/1/2008 7:22:53 PM

Hi John.  I ran across your forum because you were nominated in the BFA.  This is hilarious!!  I don't think I could carry out the antics of these diners though. Dont think I've ever seen anyone do this either. 

If I sat for 40 minutes without our dinner being brought after we'd placed our order,  I'd leave the restaurant!!

I like your forum and I'll be back!

Thanks for the smile,

Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/2/2008 5:17:28 AM

Hi Pat

It's great to see you here. Statistics tell me that there are far more people just looking at my forum than writing a comment, so yours is much appreciated.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!