Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
BCN NEWS HITS INTERNET WITH FIRST REPORT OF ATTACK NEAR NATIONS CAPITOL
10/5/2008 4:53:57 PM

The following is a first hand report of an attack on a young female today in Silver Springs. Maryland. Please read not only the fathers account of what took place but the warning lesson as well.

" Some of you may have heard that I got a phone call... that my daughter had been assaulted in Silver Spring, Md., where she lives.  My wife and I drove down and found her shaken up but not injured.  The attacker was a bit drunk, but was serious about attempting to rape her, as he was carrying a large rock to use on her.  She fought back striking him with her fists and actually biting him on the face to drive him off.  She had managed to get to a private home driveway and as he ran off the house lights came on.  She had called 911 and was on the call continuously while being attacked, so the 911 dispatcher heard it all.  Half of the police force arrived, with dogs, and found the man in the woods where he was trying to drag her off.  She identified him, filled out a report, and he remains under arrest with numerous charges pending.  She, however, was just downright stupid, returning to her house from the bus stop at 2:00am from a social event in town.  She wanted to save money on the taxi rather than pay for a very short drive.  We didn’t have to point out the outright foolishness of that thinking.  All in all, she was lucky, as were we to not have to find her in a hospital, or even worse.  Those of you with teenage daughters, or older ones, please relate this story as it can happen to you if you make bad decisions.  If he had not been intoxicated, things would definitely had been worse. "

+0
Beverly Kersey

1239 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: BCN NEWS HITS INTERNET WITH FIRST REPORT OF ATTACK NEAR NATIONS CAPITOL
10/5/2008 5:09:19 PM

She did not make a wise choice in walking the few blocks home, however the young lady I am sure is not stupid. We all make unwise choices all of our lives. I know because I was raped when I was 18 years old. The father by saying she was stupid, is in reality putting the blame back on his daughter and that is just not right.

Yes she is very lucky, but no she is not stupid. She has learned a lesson the horribly hard way as I am sure most if not all of us has.

Beverly Kersey
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/5/2008 7:55:52 PM

Thanks Joe,

I appreciate that you shared this story with us today.  I'm afraid that I have to agree with Beverly, that the Father should not have referred to her decision as stupid.  She obviously made a wrong choice, however we have all done that from time to time.

I am very Thankful to live in NC, where my Sister and other ladies who must be out in the Evenings due to their jobs, don't have as much of a problem with this type of situation.  We are fortunate enough to have Conceal Carry Laws and I can assure you that this Drunken Bum would not be living off the Taxpayer right now.  From what I understand this is not the case in Maryland.  That's too bad.  Of course it could be worse, one could actually live in D.C. where Guns are totally Illegal and yet they have the highest Gun Murder Rate in the Nation. 

Oh, that's right!  If you Criminalize Guns, then only the Criminals will have Guns. Welcome to ObamaNation!

Thanks Again My Friend,

Phil

YOU DECIDE!!

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
10/5/2008 8:26:59 PM
Here's something that happened in our area within the last month. This is a reminder to everyone when staying in a motel or hotel always lock the inside locks too.

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/6/2008 2:30:30 AM

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0