Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
FUN STUFF FOR KIDS TO DO - OCTOBER 2008
10/1/2008 6:12:28 AM

In This Issue:

1. WITCHES-N-MONSTERS-N-GOBLINS OH MY!

2. HAVE YOU BEEN BOO'D YET?

3. FREE ONLINE HALLOWEEN STORIES

4. FREE ONLINE HALLOWEEN GAMES AND STUFF:

5. FREE FUN STUFF FOR KIDS TO DO ONLINE

1. WITCHES-N-MONSTERS-N-GOBLINS OH MY!

Hi everone, can you believe it's OCTOBER? HALLOWEEN is approaching fast. Lions, Tigers, Bears, Witches, Goblins and Monsters YIKES!!! LOL Okay, here are a few ideas that will hopefully keep the kids entertained. Remember if you try any of these I'd like to hear what happened, but since there's no way to reply to this newsletter please join my community at: groups.msn.com/annabellestar and post it on my message board.

My activity ideas are from a wide variety of places - no they are not all mine. I'll provide a link to the site and/or let you know who submitted the idea. I hope you join in when you can. Let's have some fun!

Here are my activity ideas and my child safe fun links for OCTOBER:

2. HAVE YOU BEEN BOO'D YET?

NOT FREE BUT FUN: Here's a really great idea that some of the neighborhood kids are doing. It's called being BOO'D! (Yes they Boo'd me!)
* Here's the idea in a nut shell. To leave a bag/cup/container full of candy at someone's door, knock and run! The purpose of this activity is to - of course have fun - and promote community spirit because when someone gets BOO'D, they have 24 hours to BOO someone else. Okay each bag should contain candy and a copy of the special certificate which can be found at:
www.brightideas.com/halloween/family/f_1464_1.jsp

I love this kind of stuff! Here's what we did. The kids picked out some friends to BOO. We bought cute Halloween bags at the dollar store 20/25 for a dollar - filled the bags half full with candy (most of our kids were young and didn't need a full bag of candy.) Next we printed up the Boo Certificates from the Bright Ideas site to add to each bag. When each bag was packed we wrote the name of the Boo'ee on tag (box of 25 for $1.00 at the dollar store.) and stapled them to one corner of the bag to make sure each kid would get their treat. Then we planned out a route that would cover all the selected victims in one swoop and we were off! (Mission Impossible music playing here.) The kids wore costumes and dark colors. I was just the get away ride. LOL! They ended up hiding behind a few trees to escape without being seen. This was fun! I give this Activity an A+ even the little kids can boo their grand parents, moms, dads, day care friends, babysitters etc. Would you like to see a picture of My helpers and the Boo-Bags they used? Click on the ANNABELLESTAR link below but remember to hit the Back Button on your computer to get back to the newsletter. :)

This idea was submitted by Shana, Diamond, Shelby and Topanga. Thanks - this was a great idea!

Link:
www.geocities.com/annabellestar01/boobaggers

3. FREE ONLINE HALLOWEEN STORIES

Free online Halloween stories. Here's the links:
holidays.kaboose.com/scary-stories-halloween.html

www.extremeintellect.com/ei2007/holidays/halloween/halloween.html

Clean and funny Halloween Jokes: www.guy-sports.com/humor/halloween/

And much much more. I love free ebooks. :D

4. FREE ONLINE HALLOWEEN GAMES AND STUFF:

FUNSCHOOL: funschool.kaboose.com/fun-blaster/halloween/?trnstl=1

HERSHEY'S TRICK OR TREAT.COM: www.hersheys.com/trickortreats/funstuff/

FREE HALLOWEEN GAMES: www.freehalloweengames.com/

FREE THE KIDZ PAGE GAMES: www.thekidzpage.com/halloween_games/games1.htm

FREE HALLOWEEN GAMES: www.theholidayspot.com/halloween/games.htm

5. FREE FUN STUFF FOR KIDS TO DO ONLINE

FREE HALLOWEEN COLOR PAGES:
www.ivyjoy.com/coloring/halloween.html
FREE CUTE HALLOWEEN ACTIVITY SITE:
www.benjerry.com/halloween/
FREE SCARY HALLOWEEN STORIES FOR OLDER KIDS:
www.halloweenghoststories.com/
FREE STORY FOR YOUNGER KIDS:
www.magickeys.com/books/beenight/index.html
SOMETHING FROM NASA:
www.nasa.gov/audience/forkids/kidsclub/flash/index.html

Ordinary Kids on Extraordinary Adventures. These books are for kids 8 and up.

Titles include:
THE MOUNTAIN OF STONE
NEWSHOUNDS
EDGAR
SCARY STORY

What's SCARY STORY about?

SCARY STORY:
Elyse tried to tell her friends the old mansion was haunted. It'd been in her family for well over a century. Most of her ancestors had lived in it at one time or another until it became so old and worn there was no hope in ever rebuilding it. Lately weird things seemed to happen there all the time. Sometimes the entire house lit up in the middle of the night. Pretty hard to do when the house had never been wired for electricity. The doors and windows were always opening and closing. Mysterious smoke rose from its chimneys. There were also voices and noises; sounds from the past slipping through the veils of time. She could hear music, laughter - and then there were those scary sounds. The very thought of them made the hair on the back of her neck stand up. But no - they wouldn't let it go. Soon as they realized Elyse had the key to the front door, they wanted it. They begged for it!

Elyse knew the way. She used to love the old place. At first it seemed to call to her, whispering her name upon each summer breeze, inviting her to visit and explore. Now it scared her. The two story Victorian home sat in the middle of a field about five acres from her family's farm. Ancient weeping willow trees huddled around the building, making the monstrosity nearly invisible. Just the sight of its weathered paint, partially collapsed roof, broken windows and debris littered path kept most visitors away. Its window shutters hung precariously from rusted hinges and banged loudly each time the wind kicked up. Near the very top of the roof the attic window sat lonely and foreboding. It gave her the creeps, a never ending feeling of dread. And lately she'd sensed that someone was still upstairs waiting. . . watching. For whom? For what?

Her friends begged. She tried to warn them but they wouldn't listen, so she took them in the middle of the day. Just like they wanted. She led them across the bridge and up the path to the front door, turned the key in the lock and shoved the door open. Just like they wanted. A suffocating feeling swept over her forcing her to back away. She warned them again, but they wouldn't listen. She gave up. She told them she'd wait for them on the other side of the old bridge at the end of the drive. She asked them to hurry. They were happy, thrilled about the new mysterious things they were going to discover.
"You're such a chicken!" They laughed and waved her away.
And as they stepped inside, the house seemed to swallow them in darkness. Elyse watched until the very last one was gone, then she closed the door and left them to the house. Just like they wanted.

All my books are available ONLINE at Barnes and Noble, Walden's Books, Amazon.Com, Books-A-Million, Chapters, Borders, and many other online bookstores. Yes, these are my books.

My books are available at:
www.childrensbooks1.com or you can find them ONLINE at: Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble, Books-A-Million and ALL MAJOR ONLINE BOOKSTORES. Remember to search the AUTHOR category for CHRISTY DAVIS.

My books are available ONLINE at Barnes and Noble, Amazon.com, Waldens Books, Chapters, Borders, Books-A-Million and many, many other ONLINE bookstores! Follow Me-Let me take you on an Adventure!

Well, that's it for this edition. (I told you it would be short and sweet!) If, however you decide this isn't your cup of tea, there's an unsubscribe button at the bottom of the page - it's very quick just click on the link and you're off the list. I tried this out to make sure it worked. :) If someone has forwarded this message to you and you'd like to subscribe go to: www.geocities.com/annabellestar01/newsletter

Okay - Take care, have a great wonderful time at school and I'll see you next month!

+0
Re: FUN STUFF FOR KIDS TO DO - OCTOBER 2008
10/11/2008 8:36:59 PM

I used to love www.crayola.com website.  They have so many craft products.  My son used to spend a lot of time on this website.  There are many ideas for children.

Congratulations.  You are a wealth of information.

Remember we are thinking of you at www.thinkingofyouinc.com, your FREE shopping service.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!