Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
PHILOXENIA FEATURE #HEPATITIS C The Silent Killer by Kathy C.
9/9/2008 12:59:42 PM

Dear friends,
Kathy Clouse is a new member in Adandpro. I ask my friends to support and invite this lady to your friendscircle. As I use to say "one hand washes the other and both the face". We owe her a nice welcome!

She is currently unemployed due to illness. She is looking for a way to bring some income into her family. She has a very deep faith in God, she is chronically ill right now and on treatment and she is forced to stay at home. She is 56, but in Jan., 57 years old with two grown kids, their son still lives at home with them. He is handicapped. Their daughter is married, works as an IT in California and has a husband and three kids. Kathy has 5 cats, she lives in Indiana now and have been married since 1975.

KATHY CLOUSE (Invite her)

Following article was posted in Philoxenia by Kathy. 

WE NEED YOUR HELP NOW

Get Knowledge...Be Informed

This is a place for Hepatitis C Support and Knowledge. We are applying for non profit, are going to have chat rooms, and community outreach, to get the word out. We need you and your help. Be involved. Be aware.

WE NEED YOUR HELP NOW
BEFORE MORE ARE INFECTED AND DIE

The Silent Killer is out there among us

Defeat the Dragon...Stop the madness..Get information
Get Help...Get Involved

The silent killer…what you need to know about and do for HepC…
WHAT IS HEPATITIS C?

Hepatitis C is a liver disease that is caused by the Hepatitis C Virus (HCV). The virus enters the liver cells, uses the cell's inner genetic machinery to make copies of itself, which then infect more cells. There is no cure. There is a medical treatment that works 50 percent of the time (genotype/race specific.

HOW IS HEPATITIS C TRANSMITTED?

Hepatitis C is spread from one person to another by direct exposure to infected blood or blood products. From the blood of the infected to the bodily fluid of another. Examples: Eye, cut, open sore, damaged vein, (inside nose, vagina, anus etc) …any means to a blood artery.
This is the only way Hepatitis C is known to be transmitted. To repeat: Direct exposure to infected blood to the blood or bodily fluid of the uninfected..

WHO HAS HEPATITIS C?

According to the Hep C Coalition up to 1 in 15 people in the world carry the virus. (The U.S. Census Bureau reported a world population of 6.4 Billion in October 2004). According to the American Liver Association 1 in 50 people in the United States are infected. (The U.S. Census Bureau reported a U.S. population of almost 300 million in October 2004).

WHY ARE THE NUMBERS SO HIGH?

The quality of life for the Hepatitis C infected can be unaffected before the first sign of liver disease bring symptoms. In many cases this can take 20 years. The Center for Disease Control, Atlanta, Ga. reports that for 80 percent of victims there are no signs or symptoms prior to liver damage.

People carry the Hepatitis C Virus and do not know it. People transmit the Hepatitis C Virus and do not know it.

WHAT ARE THE RESULTS OF HEPATITIS C?

# Left undetected Hep C can cause Cirrhosis of the liver
# Cancer of the Liver (Hep C was the first virus in history to be added to the list of human carcinogens)
# Liver Failure

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?

Five years ago Hepatitis C Central predicted for the United States that in the next 10 to 20 years there will be a:
# 60 percent increase in the incidents of cirrhosis of the Liver.
# 68 percent increase in liver cancer
# 223 percent increase liver death rate.
# 279 percent increase in liver failure.
# 528 percent increase in the need for liver transplants.
It has already begun. Personal insurance rates in the US are skyrocketing.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
# Make a difference Be aware: Hep C is not delegated to only one lifestyle. Hep C does affect us all. over 5 million people in the US are victims of this disease. Most fight it silently due to misunderstood public perception.
# Join or Support a trusted organization already fighting the fight. Be Careful! Be sure the organization is acting responsibly. Ask questions. Do not accept vague answers.
# Stop the silence surrounding this disease. Openly talk of Hep C to those you care about. Add your voice to so many organizations trying very hard to make a difference by raising public awareness.
# GET TESTED and PICK UP YOUR RESULTS: Out of over 5 Million US victims, over HALF have tested positive but have not retrieved their results. These truly silent victims are not only living with the disease but are possibly passing it on. 500 thousand victims of Hep C have absolutely no idea how or where they contracted the Hepatitis C Virus.

About Hepatitis C:
Hepatitis C is the largest single blood born virus on earth. Passed along only through infected blood, the Hepatitis C Virus causes the disease Hepatitis C. The virus shares being the very first virus known to cause cancer with Hepatitis B. Hepatitis C has no cure. There is a treatment that works 50% of the time, genotype and race specific. Around the world there are over 200 million people who carry the disease. In the United States alone there are 5 million people infected. 60% do not know they are infected. About Debbullan Inc.:
Debbullan, Inc is a five-year old 501 (c)(3) Charitable Corporation based in Fort Worth, Texas.. Debbullan is at the world forefront of raising awareness of Hep C. In 2007 "Everything is Possible", the very first internationally supported musical concert to raise Hep C awareness, was produced by Debbullan in Dallas, Texas. Word of "Everything is Possible 2007" was put in front of over 200,000 people in 13 countries. Musicians and concert-goers joined in support of the idea that everyone should help make a difference regarding raising Hep C awareness…Hepatitis C does indeed exist and people are dying from being infected with it.

More about HEPATITIS C Click here.

Kindly regards,
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Jason Lamure

3475 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: PHILOXENIA FEATURE #HEPATITIS The Silent Killer by Kathy C.
9/9/2008 1:23:49 PM
Welcome to Adlandpro Kathy

Georgios, thanks for doing such an awesome
job helping Kathy get the information
out on Hep C and how to avoid contracting
this terrible disease.

Losing Your Pants In MLM? If Your Upline Isn't Showing You How to Get 30 Leads / Day, I Can!
http://trckapp.com/t053jnzw
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/9/2008 1:31:47 PM
Hello Jason!

Thank you for the visit and you kindness! Kathy posted same information in Philoxenia and there were no visits. She don't know about this. I just sent her a message to tell her and an invitation to be friends. I found the information on Hepatitis very useful and good for all of us to know, I also read her about me and I felt an obligation to support her. She give life a try it is worthy to stay close and support her to send her message out.

Blessed Be
Georgios 

+0
Kathy Clouse

28 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/9/2008 1:40:57 PM
I thank you both for your kindness and support.  It means a lot to me and to the millions of others who are suffering or will be.  Our goal is to get this message out and stop the virus dead in its tracts.  This virus is like the HIV virus in the 80's, except you don't know where you can get it from, it attacks all life styles and peoples, and lays in your body, seeking out and destroying your organs and your mind for 10,20 or more years.  In my case, 30+years, and for me, a little to much knowledge, a little to late.  This is my mission and my life now.  To put this virus out, to get the message out and to save others from what I am now going through.  Life is so precious and worth saving.

You are both great and I am blessed.

Kathy
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/9/2008 1:52:24 PM
Hello Kathy C!

Welcome in to Philoxenia and thank you for accepting me! It is an honour to have you as my guest! I hope my friends will jump in to say hello. Summer is over and more and more people return home and back behind their PCs.

I took freedom in my hand without asking you to repost you article on Hepatitis C. I know lots about this disease. Many years back. By a mistake in a hospital I got Hepatitis A and that made to find out all posibilities to get hepatitis B or C. Same period (1983) I was also informed about AIDS and that scared me much because at that time few knew what AIDS is so I read all possible inforation about these diseases.

I dedicate you and all our friends a nice song

Be Blessed © Yolanda Adams

Enter a place where you never have to cry. Never have to live a lie, never have to wonder why. Never want for nothing you're always satisfied. In the peace that his arms will provide. He will erase any guilt or shame, any bad habits you've got. You won't wanna do em again, Yes we all can change, I can testify. See I spoke to God, I called out your name. And on your behalf, I just asked, If he would be there for you I want you to.

Greetings from Greece

PHILOXENIA Admin [Georgios]

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!