Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Rose Enderud

2223 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Arts Exhibition At Adlandpro #29
9/8/2008 4:39:22 AM

It is our pleasure to bring you the
Arts Exhibitions
at Adlandpro

An on-line exhibition of work by Artists and Craftsmen at Adlandpro
(A new exhibition every three weeks)

Exhibition No. 29
The work of my friend Catherine Walker

Cathy has been a member of AdlandPro since July of 2006. She is well known and well liked by her friends.
I just found out that Cathy is an accomplished artist.
She has agreed to let me exhibit her work so you can all enjoy it.

About the Artist

Name
Catherine Walker 
City
Dandenong
Country
Australia
 born 1956

I was Born in the Top end of Australia in a city called Darwin, in the Northern territory then living in a town called “Batchelor”..60 miles south of Darwin for the first 7 years of my life. I was lucky enough to have the “bush” as my playground as a child growing up there.
Bush lifestyle gave me a definite respect for the land and it’s creatures and inhabitants and also gave me a real sense of curiosity for all things pertaining to nature…and creation in general.
I have lived in Dandenong Victoria Australia on the poor side of town..LOL for the past 33 years and I paint on canvas, wood, ceramics , furniture.. anything that I can find.. that  can hold some paint, I also like to use recycled materials..and I collect twisted branches that have fallen from my gum trees..thinking that I might like to make some pilgrims staffs.. or walking sticks from these ..some day soon.
I’ve been in a small number of group exhibitions both in Melbourne and Sydney and I’ve had just one solo exhibition, in a place called the old cheese factory (a public gallery here in Victoria which was very enjoyable…maybe didn’t give me the monetary gain that I needed..but emotionally it was very exciting..and I was proud of my great efforts to get the exhibition together..
I paint the visions in my head..they can come to me at any time!   I also paint nature scenes ,as nature is very dear  to my heart.

I have many different styles and use many different paints and techniques from pencil and ink to charcoal and oils and acrylics.. House paint even..yes when there's nothing else..house paint can be fantastic! 
My favorite paint is acrylic because of it’s quick drying time..enabling my thoughts or visions to be trapped at lightening speed. I’ve been told that I have great originality and a diverse variation in style…cool! and thanks!
My work is my own…I never copy from others works...though I have been told that I am like Matisse, Chagal, Frida, and many others and have been painting for well over 35 years now. My latest “batch” of paintings..and my newest “sessions” have revealed some interesting ideas around angelic beings, and some lovely paintings of the earth and her beauty. I have many Interests.. like reading, and fossiking for treasure.. and gold panning ..and I am most interested in the UFO phenomenon..after seeing a strange light in the sky in 1993..there were 7 of us watching the sky that night
I have painted some amazing UFO and alien type creatures after witnessing this strange light .

Catherine Walker

http://www.redbubble.com/people/synchronicity

All works shown here are painted by Catherine Walker and are copyright© of the artist Catherine Walker
nothing is to to be printed, downloaded, uploaded or used in any way without the artists permission -thank you for your understanding. .

Arts Exhibitions Team

Jenny's site                       Rose's site               Venerina's site
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Arts Exhibition At Adlandpro #29
9/8/2008 7:28:10 AM

Hi Rose,

Thanks for the invite. Nice job with the presentation.

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/8/2008 7:33:59 AM
Hello Artsy Folk!
Thanks for presenting Catherine's work - I find it to be whimsical and sparkly.
How's that for a cultural review?
I like it; it's pretty and it makes me smile:)
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/8/2008 8:38:10 AM

Hi Catherine,  What a wonderful display.  I too think that your style is so distinct that works could easily be identified to you as the artist.

Thanks for the bio, I was wondering about the space people you have included.  I especially like your rendation of "The Merrmaid".  I like the movement in that pic.

You are very talented and will some day be recognized for the great artist you are.  Paint on girl! ! ! 

Thank you team for a wonderful art show! ! !  

+0
9/8/2008 9:05:00 AM
Very impressive artwork.  I like the upbeat nature.  Very pleasing to the eye and the spirit.
Shirley Manion MoneyMakers, Shopping, blogs, fun places http://www.connectionsecrets.com/webmasterhelpers Shopping Bargains and Deals Connections http://www.connectionsecrets.com/bargainshopping Your own fun Iggly Biggly business for only $20.00 h
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!