Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
DETOX PADS- HOAX OR HELPFUL
8/18/2008 4:06:03 PM

Hi Adlanders and other readers.  Just finished listening to a story on NPR radio that I thought I would share with you.

Yesterday's coupon section had $'s off coupon for a new product that is supposed to detox your body, removing metals using a simple pad that looks like something you would put over a bad cut, stiched area.  You put one on each foot and go to bed.  Behold in the morning there is a black gooy substance when you remove them.  Great idea and ever so simple.

Hold it, news reporter for NPR  did a little research.  She took 3 pads to a lab who could analaze the contents of the pads.  One was hers, one was her husbands, and the third was a clean unused one.

After adding the proper ingredients to make the pads desolve in test tubes, the contents were checked.  No significant  metals to be found.  All three had the same amount  zinc and some other metals found in vertually all products.

So  if you want to believe that these pads work buy a box for something like $19.95.  Hold a pad over boiling hot water and see what happens. Wear a pair on your feet and the sweat should produce a pad that looks about the same as the one you hold over water. 

Be your own researcher, don't take my word for it but as for me I think I will believe the interviewed Doc. on NPR that said our kidneys remove the unwanted toxins naturally and they are expelled through urine and feces. I'm keeping my $19.95.  Would you like my coupon for $5.00.

P.S. the producer of the product did not reply to the NPR request for an interview.  Silence is sure telling me something.

+0
Monica S

5971 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: DETOX PADS- HOAX OR HELPFUL
8/18/2008 4:18:59 PM

Yup.. and when you order from TV there's a $10 shipping charge.. $29.95 .. I purchased some last year..  and I did not feel any different after the week or two of using them.  I have not purchased any more of them either. 

Also, when you call to place your order, the friendly salesperson on the other end of the line will try to talk you into a committment - they will mail you so many each month, and the amount automatically deducted from your account...

Naturally, I did not do that, as I wasn't sure if I'd like them or if they would do any good.

For the ones who did agree, I wonder how long it took them to cancel?  

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/18/2008 4:46:13 PM

Monica,  Thanks for coming by.  Good point about commiting oneself to future shipments sometimes called 'autoship'.

Thanks for sharing your experience.  Yesterday, I was considering using the  $5.00 coupon as it seemed like such a great idea.

+0
Helga Reich

727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/18/2008 5:15:16 PM

Hi Mary

Thanks for the post.

A while back I was considering buying these pad. Somehow I did not trust those and I put Kinoki in the search to find some report that would tell me more. Sure enough, more nays than yays.  Something in those pads would make them turn black if you had them on your feet or not. One link I found was interesting to me http://doesitwork.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/06/19/1156772.aspx

My opinion: Biiiiig  waste of money.

+0
Jen
Jen Maxwell

658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/18/2008 5:38:09 PM

Hello Mary,

Thank you for posting this information!  I will keep my money.
Anyway I'd rather donate it to cancer or missing children than
spend it on something as nebulous as this.

Have a wonderful evening,

Jen   :-)

Award Winning System cancels mortgage and debt interest on steroids! Without paying more each month! "The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about and refuse to investigate
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!