Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathy Clouse

28 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Chronic HepC and cirrhosis of the liver...the unknown and silent killer
8/13/2008 6:29:00 PM
For thirty years this virus has been in my body, wandering around and seeking out and destroying my organs, my mind, my body. When I finally accepted the fact that all my problems weren't just age related and went to the doctor last December, 2007, I found out that my gall bladder wasn't working, I had a huge stone (which I named and wanted to keep), and they overdosed me during the procedure. Check my liver, did a bio and discovered cirrhosis. More tests, more health issues, more facing reality. Sometimes reality can bite you when you have spent your whole life living in a rose colored world. I fought for treatment, even with a 1-2% chance of it working, that is 1-2% more than I have now. My viral load is at 5 million, my gento type is 1b. The treatment is hard, I have to give myself a shot once a week, and take pills daily, the side effects are rough and the things that could go wrong, I don't worry about. Could it get worse? It did, my job, which was my life line and I am the main supporter of my family, fired me. They were very careful how they worded it, went to the lawyer, I would have been happy if they had just been honest. My mind is foggy, I have chronic fatigue, mood swings, and hair loss from the treatment and cirrhosis, they could have just said they were scared of me, I would have understood. Am I mad? No, I have a deep faith in God and feel that no door will be closed without Him opening another. I am trying to start an online counseling service, providing one on one support for a low fee. I feel that with all my life experiences, my love for God, and my sense of joy laughter and peace, this is where He is leading me. I am glad to be here and sorry this is so long. Kathy
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!