Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
What's all the hoo-hah about Google's Street View..?
8/7/2008 2:28:59 AM

If it's on public view what's the scream about privacy?

Anyone can walk down a street and view what's on offer, so what's different about looking through Google's cameras? Some members of the public are outraged because Google has intruded on their privacy.  Isn't this a double standard?

Have you noticed what people are revealing on Facebook and MySpace, not to mention homemade movies on YouTube! What Google did was perfectly legal, they took photographs of houses and buildings from a public place, the street.

The people who were randomly caught in the lens are saying, "They don't have the right to take a photo of me". Yes they do, when you're in a public place like your street.

So what value does this new tool provide for Google users? Apart from the quick thrill of spying on your neighbours front lawn, there's not that much use for the new innovation. I'm just disappointed I'm not on camera, being squeaky clean as I am... ho ho!

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: What's all the hoo-hah about Google's Street View..?
8/7/2008 3:14:14 PM

Hi John,

I don't understand what the Big Deal is either.  If it's not Google, it's sure to be someone else.  These days you can't go to the Crapper without someone watching.  Click on the Banner below for a small sample of what I mean...

I did go on and block the Home Phone Number search on there, however I'm sure there's probably 50 more that I don't know about.

Speaking of privacy, I'm working on a little Project and I wish that my participants could get a privacy so that they could proceed. 

They're working on a new Breed of Watch Cat.  What do you think of their first offspring...

I think those Unwanted Visitors would get the message, don't you?

Have a Great Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: What's all the hoo-hah about Google's Street View..?
8/7/2008 5:58:54 PM

Hi Phil

Well, that puts the kybosh on any remaining privacy issues.

Hey, love that Watch Cat!

And, try and behave yourself over the weekend, mate!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!