Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jo Anne Green

1335 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Gem of The Week: Don't Quit, by Edgar A. Guest
8/1/2008 6:21:49 PM
Gem of The Week

Don't Quit
By Edgar A. Guest*

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low, and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with it's twists and turns,
As everyone of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow,
You may succeed with another blow.

Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
It's when things seem worse,
That you must not quit.

*Edgar Albert Guest (1881-1959) was a prolific and popular British-born American poet who became known as the People’s Poet.

Posted by JoAnne Green, an American businesswoman. She is the founder and principal of Sunburst International Risk Management (SRIM) and Sunburst Worldwide Insurance Services. For information on SIRM international risk and insurance protection programs, custom-designed risk mitigation and training services, please visit Sunburst websites www.InternationalRiskManagement.com and  www.WorldwideMedicalPlans.com

JoAnne also hosts 21st Century MultiNational Perspectives/Blog/FYI

***Before posting your comments,  please read Rules for Posting at the following link: http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/1064845.aspx
Thank you for your cooperation.***

Sunburst International Risk Managementwww.InternationalRiskManagement.comSunburst Worldwide Insurance Serviceswww.WorldwideMedicalPlans.com
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Gem of The Week: Don't Quit, by Edgar A. Guest
8/2/2008 12:33:16 PM

Don't Quit

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Jo Anne Green

1335 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/2/2008 3:34:29 PM

Sunny Greetings from California, Nick!

Thank you for stopping by and for your post.

The picture you posted was amusing. Perhaps, the moral is: Some people survive Russian roulette, and others don't.

Have an Awesome Weekend!

JoAnne Green
Principal / International Risk Management Advisor
Integrity 901bbalb.gif (879 bytes)  Experience 901bbalb.gif (879 bytes) Dependability

Click the Banner Below:

Wherever you are in the world,
our worldwide travel assistance is
by your side 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Sunburst International Risk Managementwww.InternationalRiskManagement.comSunburst Worldwide Insurance Serviceswww.WorldwideMedicalPlans.com
+0
8/2/2008 6:49:35 PM
JoAnne, Great motivational poem and very true. In the book Think and Grow Rich, by Napolean Hill, he tells a the story of a man who borrowed money for machinery to mine gold, when the gold ran out he sold the equipment and quit. The person that bought the equipment, called in experts and vast amounts of gold was found three feet from where the vein had run out.
  If you quit when things get tough it might be three feet away from your goals.

Steve tobin
Steven Tobin steven.tobin2@gmail.com 941-284-6732 (EST) Be A Mentor With A Servants Heart
+0
Jo Anne Green

1335 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/3/2008 6:04:48 PM

Sunny Greetings from California, Steve!

Thank you for stopping by and for your thoughtful post.

You wrote:
"If you quit when things get tough it might be three feet away from your goals." I wholeheartedly agree. It is so much easier to quit. Just think if Thomas Edison quit after only five thousand times of trying to find a way to make an incandescent light bulb, we might still be in the dark today.

It is significant, however, that Edison tried a different way every time. He did not keep trying the same thing over and over, hoping for a different result. And so should we not merely keep trying to achieve our goals, but should keep trying new and different ways to achieve them, always learning from past experiences.

Thank you for your friendship and support, Steve.

Have an Awesome Week!

JoAnne Green
Principal / International Risk Management Advisor
Integrity 901bbalb.gif (879 bytes)  Experience 901bbalb.gif (879 bytes) Dependability

Click the Banner Below:

Wherever you are in the world,
our worldwide travel assistance is
by your side 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!