Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: I Need Your Prayers and Your Support...
7/25/2008 12:01:04 PM
Brother JIM, man being laid off is the worst, my grandafather and father both were laid off when they worked for Lockheed company here in Burbank, CA. Hang in there buddy, not the end of the world yet lol. Thanks for your emails i enjoy them alot, keeps me in a good mood lol God_bless you and your family Jim, thanks :)
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/25/2008 12:20:25 PM
Hi Jim,

So sorry to hear of your lay off, but it may well be for a good reason. So keep the faith.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Be Blessed,
Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Terry Gill

51 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/25/2008 1:26:49 PM

Jim,

I will pray to the true God, Jehovah, for things to get better for you, but since this is a religious thread, I'll also shed some religious light on the subject.

All religions recognize that we are, in fact, living in the last days of this wicked system of things, the ruler of which is Satan the Devil, and things are only going to get worse and worse for mankind as a whole from here on out. 

2 Tim. 3: 1-7 is particularly relevant here:

"But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. 6 For from these arise those men who slyly work their way into households and lead as their captives weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, 7 always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth."

Man cannot solve mankind's problems!  Only God's coming Kingdom can and will do that.  It will wipe out this wicked system and restore the earth back to its original paradasic conditions, without evil and greed, without sickness and pain, and eventually without death forever.

In relation to verse 4 above that talks about men in the last days being lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, nothing could be more true today.  Sadly, blatant proof of this fact is a large billboard currently displayed in very well-known Times Square in New York City.  It reads, "Life is Short - Have an Affair!"  This is a business that will actually arrange for people to have a sinful, adulterous affair!  How detestable!

With wickedness so rampant in our society today,  Jehovah God will not let this world go on much longer, and I hope all who read this will find truth and the true God before it's too late!

Ps. 83:18, "That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth."

Ps. 113:1, "Praise Jah, YOU people! Offer praise, O YOU servants of Jehovah, Praise the name of Jehovah."

Isa. 42:8, ""I am Jehovah. That is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory, neither my praise to graven images."

Hebews 6:10, "For God is not unrighteous so as to forget YOUR work and the love YOU showed for his name, in that YOU have ministered to the holy ones and continue ministering."

HIS name is not G-O-D or L-O-R-D or, as one person herein put, G-D; those are titles, not names.  HIS holy, sacred, hallowed name which HE as the universal sovereign expects all to use, proclaim and praise, is JEHOVAH!

Terry 

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/25/2008 1:38:00 PM

Hi Jim,

I'm so sorry to hear about your being furloughed. I'm confident this will only be temporary and you'll be back at work before you know it.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/25/2008 1:52:43 PM

Hi Jim,

I was praying that this wouldn't happen to you!!  Well our prayers get answered even though we may not like the answer.  I hope it isn't for long and remember that when God closes one door there is always another that opens to you.

And, YIPPEEE!!!  You may be able to be at Adland for a bit!!

I will continue to end for all of us!!!

Blessings,

Judy

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!