Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Phil's Recipe Corner - Coconut Chicken Curry
7/25/2008 3:43:51 PM

Hi John,

I can assure you that I wouldn't dream of passing on any Recipe to my Friends, unless I have prepared it at least once.  There's nothing worse than to have your taste buds titillated by a good sounding recipe and then have them mercilessly destroyed by something that tastes like it came from the rear end of a horse.

Have A Great Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/25/2008 4:30:08 PM
John!  It is good to see you!

Ohhhhhhh.....  from what I hear Phil does quite a lot of cooking.  And I suspect, he might be a better cook than I am.  But they do say that men are the better cooks.  Sigh!

Hugs,
Luella
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/25/2008 4:35:14 PM
Yep, that's the kind of town it is.  Nothing fancy but very friendly.  In fact, I don't have any qualms wih regard to leaving my car unlocked with things in it, even in front of my apartment, or leaving my door unlocked at night, although I do lock it.  Yep, there's still old fashioned towns in America.

On line Asian stores!  Why didn't I think of that!  Yes!  I can do that!  Thank you for the link!

And I am awaiting more recipes any time you're ready.  Yum!  After all, this is the first edition of "Phil's Recipe Corner."

Hugs,
Luella
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/25/2008 7:22:32 PM
Hi Luella,

Still feeling a little guilty about offering up a Dessert without thinking about the ingredients and whether they would be available.  Here's one that I'm sure even that little store should have.  It's also made in the Crock Pot.

Apple-Date Crisp

Ingredients:
6 cups thinly sliced peeled apples (about 6 medium apples, preferably Golden Delicious)

2 teaspoons lemon juice

1/3 cup chopped dates

1-1/3 cups uncooked quick oats

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup packed light brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

1/4 teaspoon salt

Dash ground nutmeg

Dash ground cloves

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) cold butter, cut into small pieces

Preparation:
Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place apples in medium bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice; toss to coat. Add dates and mix well. Transfer apple mixture to slow cooker.

Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg and cloves, in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.

Sprinkle oat mixture over apples; smooth top. Cover; cook on LOW 4 hours or until apples are tender.
This is a meet your Neighbors kind of a thing, since this will serve 6.
Goes with after Dinner Coffee.

Have A Blessed Evening,

Phil 

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
7/25/2008 7:45:31 PM

Oh, thank you for featuring our many-gifted friend, Phil's recipe.  It sounds delicious! 

Thank you Phil for posting.  We are all looking forward to trying this one.

Sara

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!