Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Recipe of the Week - Bean and Cheese Quesadilla
7/20/2008 8:28:34 PM
Judy,

LOL LOL LOL!  I know what you mean!

Hugs,
Luella
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/20/2008 8:31:01 PM
Oh Phil, you truly bless my heart.  Thank you so much.

And thank you for that recipe!  I believe I am going to make it tomorrow.  Got to go to the store and will get all the ingredients.  Looks to die for!

Hugs,
Luella
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/20/2008 8:34:11 PM
Myrna,

The trip has been postponed.  I will probably be leaving the middle of this week for one week or possibly two.  Everything is a bit up in the air.

Thank you for that most beautiful picture.  It is most relaxing.

Glad you like the recipe.  And I believe I'm making Phil's tomorrow.

Hugs,
Luella
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/21/2008 8:44:30 AM

Hi Luella,

Glad you liked the Salad Recipe.  It's always been one of my favorites as well, Myrna.  Believe it or not, that's the only way I will eat an Anchovy.  Besides that, I love baking bread, and with whatever is left over the next day, you just have to make Croutons. 

I never realized how Blessed I was to have a Grandmother and a Mother who were great Cooks and taught me so well when I was growing up.  I was talking to a good Friend the other day, when I realized just how good I'd had it.

He said that although his Mother loved him dearly and took very good care of him in most ways, Cooking was just not one of her strong suits.  To hear him tell it, things were so bad that...

His family automatically headed for the table every time they heard a fire alarm go off.  But then again, his Dad always did refer to the smoke detector as the oven timer.

His little Brother once broke a tooth eating her homemade yogurt.

All of the kids knew exactly what "peas porridge in a pot nine days old" tasted like.  And, believe it or not...

The kids' favorite after dinner drink was Alka-Seltzer.

Of course, he said it wasn't all bad...

The Kids were able to get even with the Neighborhood Bully by inviting him over to their house for Dinner.

Anyway, once again, I'm so happy to see you back and I am very glad that you're getting settled in and doing well.  Have a Safe & Successful Trip and remember that there's always a place at the table for you anytime.

Have A Blessed Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/21/2008 10:59:59 AM
Phil!

Thank you!  And there is always a place at my table for you.  You are so sweet.

Quite a story.....  I did have to laugh about the smoke alarm being the oven timer.  LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I am writing down the ingredients to the cesar salad and wondering what to make with it.  Going to the grocery store later this afternoon.  We have one grocery store, with not a lot to choose from.  No Walmart, Krogers, Piggly Wiggly, etc., etc.  For that I've got to go 20 or 30 miles down the road.  LOL!

Hugs,
Luella
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!