Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Sheri Webber

690 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Dinner and a Movie
7/20/2008 11:42:39 AM

This is not a funny one but one that is for personal reflection. I am sure you have read it before but it always good to read again to keep us in check...Have a great day!

Huggs!!

After 21 years of marriage, my wife wanted me to take another woman out to dinner  and a movie. She said, 'I love you, but I know this other woman  loves you and would love to spend some time with  you.'

The other woman that my wife wanted me to  visit was my mother, who had been a widow for 19 years, but the demands of my work and my 3 children had  made
it possible to visit her only  occasionally.

That night I called to invite her  to go out for dinner and a movie. 'What's wrong, are you well?'  She asked. My mother is the type of woman who suspects that  a late night call or surprise invitation is a sign of bad news.

'I thought that it would be pleasant to  spend some time with you,' I responded. Just the two of  us.'

She thought about it for a moment, and then  said, 'I would like that very much.'

That Friday after work, as I drove over  to pick her up I was a bit  nervous.

When I arrived at her house, I noticed  that she, too, seemed to be nervous about our date. She waited  in the door with her coat on. She had curled her hair and was wearing the dress that she had worn to
celebrate  her last wedding anniversary.

She smiled from a  face that was as radiant as an Angel's!  'I told my friends  that I was going to go out with my son, and they were  impressed,' she said, as she got into the car. 'They can't wait  to  hear about our meeting.'

We  went to a restaurant that, although not elegant, was very nice  and cozy.

My mother took my arm as if she were  the First Lady. After we sat down, I had to read the menu. Her  eyes could only read large print. Halfway through the  entrees, I lifted my eyes and saw Mom sitting there staring at  me.

A nostalgic smile was on her lips. 'It was I  who used to have to read the menu when you were small,' she  said. 'Then it's time that you relax and let me return the favor,' I responded.

During the  dinner, we had an agreeable conversation--nothing extraordinary but catching up on recent events
of each other's  life.

We talked so much that we missed the movie. As we arrived at her house later, she said, 'I'll go out  with you again, but only if you let me invite you.'  I  agreed.

'How was your dinner date?' Asked my  wife when I got home.

'Very nice. Much more so  than I could have imagined,'I  answered.

A few days later, my mother died of a  massive heart attack. It happened so suddenly that I didn't have a chance to do anything for her. Some time  later, I received an envelope with a copy of a restaurant receipt from the same place where mother and I had dined.

An attached note said: 'I paid this bill  in advance. I wasn't sure that I could be there; but  nevertheless I paid for two plates-- one for you and the other  for your wife. You will never know what that night meant for me.

'I love you,  son.'

At that moment, I understood the  importance of saying in time: 'I love you,' and to give our loved ones the time that they  deserve.

Nothing in life is more important than  your family. Give them the time they deserve, because these things cannot be put off 'til 'some other  time.'

Somebody said it takes about 6 weeks to  get back to normal after you've had a baby . . . Somebody doesn't know that once you're a mother, 'normal' is history.

Somebody said you learn how to be a  mother by instinct. . . Somebody never took a 3-year-old  shopping.

Somebody said being a mother is boring  . . . Somebody
never rode in a car driven by a teenager with a  driver's
permit.

Somebody said good mothers  never raise their voices ...
Somebody  never came out the  back door just in time to see her child hit a golf ball through  the neighbor's kitchen
window.

Somebody said you  don't need an education to be a mother . . . Somebody never  helped a 4th grader with his
math.

Somebody said  you can't love the 5th child as much as you love the first . . .  Somebody doesn't have 5 children.

Somebody said  a mother can find all the answers to her
child-rearing questions  in the books . .. .Somebody never had a child stuff beans up  his nose or in his ears.

Somebody said the hardest part of being a mother is labor and  delivery. . . Somebody never watched her 'baby' get on the bus  for the 1st day of kindergarten, or on a plane headed for  military boot camp.

Somebody said a mother can  do her job with her eyes
closed and one hand tied behind her  back . . . Somebody never organized 7 giggling Brownies  to sell cookies.

Somebody said a  mother can stop worrying after her
child gets married. .  .Somebody doesn't know that marriage adds a new son- or daughter-in-law to a mother's  heartstrings.

Somebody said a mother's job is done when her last child leaves home. . . Somebody never had grandchildren.

Somebody said your mother knows you love her, so you
don't need to tell her. . . Somebody isn't a mother.

Pass this along to all the 'mothers'  in your life.

We should also pass it on to anyone who has ever loved and or lost a mother.

Sheri Webber CCH, CRP Certified Consulting Hypnotherapist | Certified Raindrop Practitioner Soul Comfort Wellnes Centre Young Living Independent Distributor 913479 | It Works Marketing Independent Distributor 58745 http://www.soulcomfortwellnesscentre.com | http://www.soulcomforthypnosis.com | http://www.soulcomfort.younglivingworld.com | http://www.soulcomfort.itworks.net
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Dinner and a Movie
7/21/2008 2:09:19 AM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!