Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
This is the Day and Age of God
7/11/2008 9:13:39 AM
    Hi everyone.

Today I will start my letter with the well known  words  from the Gospel-" no one knows, not even the angels" - that is, when Jesus spirit will again appear in the world and the Day of Judgement has come. = The Day of Grace for some.
The first thing to remember is that God always is the One who surprises men.  Jesus tells us to stay awake, spiritually, but since not even the angels know the arrival of this the greatest event, we can take for granted that we will be surprised.  So therefore Gods Revelation is/was come  to us at any time actually. Of course.I know that I am repeating this but I think I must stress this, the spiritual surprise. The Surprise of the ages.
I remember that sometimes when I was little the school inspector suddenly arrived, to see to how the lessons were performed, so, how much more important is it then that God comes suddenly to inspect mankind.  I'd say, it is harvest time NOW. All since 1844. Are you with me? I hope so.
It is an examination of our  inner hearts, not of the traditions upheld by the priests and  by the light of the Sun of Truth itself we shall be illumined in that inmost corner of our beings. Only when He, Gods Messenger has come we will know.
Thus Bahaullah , the Divine inspector commandingly exclaims:

"Shake off, O heedless ones, the slumber of negligence, that ye may behold the radiance which His glory hath spread through the world. How foolish are those who murmur against the premature birth of His light. O ye who are inly blind! Whether too soon or too late, the evidences of His effulgent glory are now actually manifest. It behooveth you  to ascertain whether or not such a light hath appeared. It is neither within your power nor mine to set the time at which it should be manifest. God's inscrutable Wisdom hath fixed its hour beforehand. Be content, O people, with that which God hath desired for you and predestined for you...The Day-Star of eternal Guidance beareth me witness;...And whenever I chose to hold my peace and be still, lo, the Voice of the Holy Ghost, standing on my right hand, aroused me, and the Supreme Spirit appeared before my face, and Gabriel overshadowed me, and the Spirit of Glory stirred within my bosom, bidding me arise and break my silence. If your hearing be purged and your ears be  attentive, ye will assuredly perceive, that every limb of my body, nay all the atoms of my being, proclaim and bear witness to this call:

"God, besides Whom is none other God, and He,
Whose beauty is now manifest, is the reflection of His glory unto all that are in heaven and on earth."

"...Our loving providence hath pervaded all created things, and Our grace encompassed the earth and the heavens. This is the Day whereon the true servants of God partake of the living waters of reunion, the Day whereon those that are nigh unto Him are able to drink of the softflowing river of immortality, and they who believe in His unity, the wine of His Presence, through their recognition of Him Who is the Highest and Last End of all, in Whom the Tongue of Majesty and Glory raiseth the call:

'The Kingdom is Mine, I, Myself, am, of Mine own right, its Ruler."

Attract the hearts of men, through the call of Him, the one alone Beloved. Say:This is the voice of God, if ye do but hearken. This is the Day-Spring of the Revelation of God, did ye but know it. This is the dawning-Place of the Cause of God, were ye to recognize it. This is the Source of the commandment of God, did ye but judge it but fairly. This is the manifest and hidden Secret: would that ye might perceive it.
O peoples of the world!
Cast away, in My name that transcendeth all other names, the things ye possess, and immerse yourselves in this Ocean in whose depths lay hidden the pearls of wisdom and of utterence,
an ocean that surgeth in My Name,
the All-Merciful. Thus instructeth you He with Whom is the Mother Book."

If it was not for the divine method of spreading the radiance of Faith via  or in the heart, how could the ignorant  be illumined? For exemple  such a one as me, for I was one of them. Afterwards, I understood and took to my heart the majesty of Jesus.
Do not say, as some Christians have said, that because of one's ignorance of Christendom one is lured to become  a believer in Bahaullah, for all are called,  and I am turning to a Christian audience here at Adland. I refer to the Bible all the time.Of course!  The Holy Return is the main theme of the Gospel! Mentioned hundreds of times. Moreover, God makes the ignorant wise, and the small ones on earth great, like the apostles of old. God shows His greatness by chosing the ones whom people are not addressing. You recognize this don't you?                                      God doesn't need the great ones. He is the Educator and the One Who raises up the despondent people. They have all to gain, simply. The ones at the top, who often are not despondent, the ones of the earthly and religious institutions are the ones who will look after their positions and professions, and therefore say nothanks to anything that might interfere with their ordered life. Then there is the Pope and his institutions! I'd like to say, we, the Bahais are always looking forward towards the future, whatever the winds  of resistence are throwing into our faces. The Cause is going to endure all tests, for this is the Day and Age  of God..
There are exceptions regarding the "great ones" though, in the Bahai history. One of the greatest, "the wisest Persian " Vahid, appointed as such  by the (Muhammad)shah, was sent to  the Bab to examine His Cause and ...became a humble, wellknown and eloquent  Babi and was then martyred by the mob at the instigation of the prime minister and the mullas in coalition.

Surely this is an apostolic age, in the sense that a new Revelation is spread all over the globe, among all sorts of people. -First, the in spring, the small white and blue flowers florish, then after a long time, sometimes even in june, the oaks and other great trees get their leaves. This is a sign of Gods method, if you like.
Bye for now
I am going to watch or guard an art-shop again
Have a good weekend, with the divine blessings showering all over you.

Laila

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: This is the Day and Age of God
7/11/2008 11:51:13 AM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: This is the Day and Age of God
7/12/2008 4:46:03 PM
    Good evening Nick
Thank you for this very timely theme, Love. Yes I have indeed felt it today and the nearness of God. And you have felt this divine manna, yes? I have prayed for that to descend.
I didn't know of the sublime spiritual sentiments until I became a Bahai. Today I have had the great privilege to speak about God and His Revelation to people who came to the art-shop. One was a catholic, another artist, who had for a year or so lost interest in making art. After a while she came back with fine and neatly made drawings of parts of Marstrand!(Did you look up this coast town in the very west of Sweden, above Gothenburg.) I believe I have got a new friend in her and she was happier when she left than when she came, and we had talk about  Gods faith and the future and next life. So it was a blessed day. In a way she was a bit like myself,in her attitude.I enjoyed to notice that. This is a rare thing that sometimes can occur.A nice experience that could mean that our souls are in the same line.Maybe that is what it was about.
You are also in the same line Nick, aren't you? Do you believe Bahaullah is the Christ Spirit returned now? This is a question for your own soul.I take the liberty to believe your card today affirms that.
Thank you for your company, it is so precious to me.Without your cards I would feel a bit alone at the forum!
Good Night to all of you
Laila

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!