Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Please Help Fight America's Oil Crisis...
7/10/2008 11:59:13 AM

Hi Linda, yea, most people who travel on a regular basis, don't take bags that have to be checked anymore, I don't. Whatever I can get where I'm going, I leave that item at home. I had TSA take away a tube of toothpaste that was nearly finished, and threw it in the trash while I watched.  It made me livid with anger, and I couldn't do a thing about it.

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/10/2008 12:03:00 PM

Geketa, thanks, I'll take a look. I must admit, since I am being furloughed next week, I've been a little depressed, and have been hiding from everyone. I know I shouldn't do that :(

+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/10/2008 12:50:28 PM

Hi again James...
No you should not hide from those of us that care about you...!

But here is something we can all do to help get the attention of the fat cat oil companies...in the meantime. No I did not figure this out someone else did...but it will work if we work together...

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How?  Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the PLAN: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY  gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON  and MOBIL. And under no circumstances buy from CITCO. (CITGO is  owned by Hugo Chavez, the dictator of Venezuela, and an enemy of  US) If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at th is point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it  is to reach millions of people!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... And those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people,
we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers. If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it...THREE HUNDRED  MILLION PEOPLE!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.  Please, do it now!

If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people...Well, let's face it, I am a mathematician. So trust me on this one.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest  that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK. We may have to hit SHELL & BP too! But lets send a message to Mobil/Exxon First! Remember, they are the ones that brag about their $40,000,000,000.00 PROFIT LAST YEAR.

Friends, That's FORTY BILLION OF OUR AMERICAN DOLLARS! It's TRUE, One of the American Dreams is to have a profitable  business. However, Energy is the blood of the American economy. For this company to destroy our economy and Put the hardship on it's fellow Citizens is just UN-AMERICAN and pure simple GREED! This is totally Unacceptable!

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/10/2008 1:51:29 PM
Hi Geketa, I don't buy gas from them anyway...only in an emergency. This is a good idea, and you can count me in on it. I'll send it to 10 people :)
+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/10/2008 7:50:39 PM

Hi James

I'm afraid I can't help much down here in Australia, but I admire your efforts and wish you well.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!