Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Please Help Fight America's Oil Crisis...
7/10/2008 9:05:55 AM

Hi Friend,

The oil price bubble is unfairly taxing American families and restricting our nation's economic potential. I sent a message to Congress asking them to adopt common-sense solutions, and I urge you to take a moment to send a message, too. Congress can dramatically reduce the price of oil and gas, providing immediate relief for businesses and hard working Americans, and your letter will help make our elected officials be more aware how high energy prices are hurting hard working Americans.

-------------------------

Dear James Wright,

An Open letter to All Airline Customers:

Our country is facing a possible sharp economic downturn because of skyrocketing oil and fuel prices, but by pulling together, we can all do something to help now.

If you are in a hurry and don't have time to read this report please visit www.StopOilSpeculationNow.com.

For airlines, ultra-expensive fuel means thousands of lost jobs (including mine...I'm being furloughed [layed off] on the 14th of July) and severe reductions in air service to both large and small communities. To the broader economy, oil prices mean slower activity and widespread economic pain.

This pain can be alleviated, and that is why we are taking the extraordinary step of writing this joint letter to our customers.

Since high oil prices are partly a response to normal market forces, our nation needs to focus on increased energy supplies and conservation.

However, there is another side to this story because normal market forces are being dangerously amplified by poorly regulated market speculation...(George Bush and Dick Cheney are involved). 

Twenty years ago, 21 percent of oil contracts were purchased by speculators who trade oil on paper with no intention of ever taking delivery. Today, oil speculators purchase 66 percent of all oil futures contracts, and that reflects just the transactions that are known.

Speculators buy up large amounts of oil and then sell it to each other again and again. A barrel of oil may trade 20-plus times before it is delivered and used; the price goes up with each trade and consumers pick up the final tab. Some market experts estimate that current prices reflect as much as $30 to $60 per barrel in unnecessary speculative costs.

Over seventy years ago, Congress established regulations to control excessive, largely unchecked market speculation and manipulation. However, over the past two decades, these regulatory limits have been weakened or removed.

We believe that restoring and enforcing these limits, along with several other modest measures, will provide more disclosure, transparency and sound market oversight. Together, these reforms will help cool the over-heated oil market and permit the economy to prosper.

The nation needs to pull together to reform the oil markets and solve this growing problem.

We need your help. Get more information and contact Congress by visiting www.StopOilSpeculationNow.com.

Robert Fornaro
Chairman, President and CEO
AirTran Airways

Bill Ayer
Alaska Airlines, Inc.

Gerard J. Arpey
American Airlines, Inc.

Lawrence W. Kellner
Chairman and CEO
Continental Airlines, Inc.

Richard Anderson
CEO
Delta Air Lines, Inc.

Mark B. Dunkerley
President and CEO
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc.

Dave Barger
CEO
JetBlue Airways Corporation

Timothy E. Hoeksema
Midwest Airlines

Douglas M. Steenland
President and CEO
Northwest Airlines, Inc.

Gary Kelly
Chairman and CEO
Southwest Airlines Co.

Glenn F. Tilton
United Airlines, Inc.

Douglas Parker
Chairman and CEO
US Airways Group, Inc.

If you are an airline representative, and your company is not on the list, please let me know, and I'll add  your airline to the list.

+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Please Help Fight America's Oil Crisis...
7/10/2008 9:36:35 AM
Hi James,

Thanks for the link.. I just saw a talk show and they were saying this was why the prices for gas were soaring out of control.. I will go take care of that right now.

Here is something else that might interest you as well .. the global warming tax ..

http://www.grassfire.org/106/petition.asp?PID=17184497

Geketa
Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
7/10/2008 10:14:58 AM
I am glad you are taking the iniative to send this out to congress, but us as citizens should all come together to make a difference, we should set limitations to the congress about us putting a hold on our expenses. If we stop paying for utilities, and other expenses then congress will realize that they should be more amiable, reasonable lowering these prices on consumer products, etc.
+0
7/10/2008 10:15:46 AM

Hi James:

The airline presidents are right in their statement. Part of the reason for high oil prices is certainly because of unregulated speculation, but another reason is the supply/demand situation, world wide. Regulation will help, but a quicker and more effective solution would be to let the oil well drillers drill for oil where ever their is oil.

If we opened up offshore, Northslope of Alaska, National parks and reserves, you would see the price of oil tumble and the speculator would assist in the decline of the prices.

A better reason is our national security. If we were to get into a "Real War", would China loan us the money to but oil from the Arab nations? i think not. Think a minute of the consequences of this position.

Write your congressman and Senator. I have.

Thanks, John

John R. Stipe, P. O. Box 506, Forrest City, AR 72336 http://www.stipetravel.com http://www.moreincometravel.biz
+0
Barb Doyle

1469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/10/2008 11:14:50 AM
Hi James,

I have contacted my Congressman and Senators on this issue. I regularly contact them on important issues. Unfortunately it does not seem that they act much on behalf of us. I hope that people wake up and support Bob Barr for President. Nothing will change if either Obama or McCain become President. It is easier than we might think to turn this country around but their need to be changes made. People need to quit letting greed and selfishness rule their lives.

Peace, Health and Prosperity,
Barb Doyle, Sc.

The very best product line in wellness linked to the very best homebased business. What are you waiting for!
http://empower.thisworks.biz

christian glitter graphics myspace code christian images

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!