Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
McCain advised re: evangelical endorsements
7/9/2008 1:46:14 PM
Jim Brown - OneNewsNow - 7/9/2008 10:15:00 AMvar

Senator McCain (R-Arizona)A public relations firm that works with evangelical groups is offering some free advice to presidential candidate John McCain -- don't denounce the few evangelical pastors who have publicly endorsed you.

Former Mitt Romney adviser Mark DeMoss says by rejecting the endorsements of evangelical mega-church pastors John Hagee and Rod Parsley, Senator McCain (R-Arizona) harmed his campaign and sent an “unwelcome signal” to other evangelicals.

DeMoss, president of The DeMoss Group, says given McCain’s discomfort with discussing religious matters, the Arizona senator should avoid speaking openly about his personal faith. “Ultimately a candidate has to be himself or herself, and if you’re not...personally comfortable speaking publicly about your faith, then I don’t think you should try to do it because it will come across more likely than not as insincere or contrived...," he clarifies.

Story continues below ...

Some political observers say John McCain has alienated

the evangelical base of the GOP. What are the chances

he can regain the support of that voting bloc before the November election?

Vote in our poll 

Rob Schenck of the National Clergy Council says he was informed by a top McCain aide that the senator would never be more open about his own spiritual life. But DeMoss is also encouraging religious conservatives to have a pragmatic attitude about the upcoming presidential election. He contends that if McCain represents conservative values 80 percent of the time, but Barack Obama only represents those values 60 percent of the time, then in his opinion the religious conservative should vote for McCain.

(MY Opinion ) Mc Cain is does not represent conservative values except when it is convenient for him !!!

"...I think that's the choice we have -- and unfortunately, lots of religious conservatives and evangelicals have this idea that there has to be a 100 percent match...," says DeMoss. Such a match, says DeMoss, will not happen on this side of heaven.

(My Opinion )I guess none of these guys even knows that Alan Keyes is running for president what a shame !

http://www.alankeyes.com

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: McCain advised re: evangelical endorsements
7/9/2008 4:32:00 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/9/2008 8:40:52 PM

Hi Geketa,

Thanks for the Info.  It's always great to see what the "Experts" think.  I'm afraid that I have to agree with Mark DeMoss though.  When reality sets in and when voters compare Actual Voting Records and Actual Positions, such as by Clicking HERE, I really can't imagine a Christian Voter, be he/she Evangelical or whatever, voting for Barack Obama.  I still think they will hear the dying babies screaming, see Adam & Steve exchanging a "Special Look" as they cast their vote for Hussein Obama, and perhaps remember all of their Friends who lost their jobs to the Illegal Invaders from South of the Border, and do the right thing.

The only concern I had was that when I tried to vote in the "Poll".  I received an Error Message when I tried to cast a "Very Likely" vote, so on a hunch, I voted "Not A Chance" and my vote was tallied without delay.  Might want to ask someone about that!

On a side note, seems our old Buddy, Rush Limbaugh, has been up to his old tricks.  After reporting the lie that McCain had rebuffed Reverend Billy Graham, he later, I assume when he figured that very few were listening, admitted that the story was untrue.  For details, CLICK HERE.

I sincerely do appreciate all that you are doing to help everyone stay informed so that they can make an informed decision in this vital Election.

God Bless You My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/9/2008 9:07:07 PM

HI GEKETA,
A big thanks goes to you for keeping people informed. I hope more people start backing Alan Keyes and other good people to get into office this November.
We'll talk more about the campaign on Thursday nite at 6 pm and hopefully get more people listening.
God bless!
Carla :)
Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/9/2008 9:18:56 PM
Hi Phil ,
I am happy to do what I can to help everyone at least make an informed decision before they go to the polls.

Obama is off his unsound rocker in my opinion .. he is neither credible nor has any values or morals. I have my doubts about him on everything he says. The guy can't even look the camera in the face when he is interviewed by reporters. The sad thing is he does have that "charming spirit " on him, I think they are calling it charisma ..

McCain is also not what I want to see either .. at the end of the day his stand on abortion is still" kill the baby." He is for it in cases of rape, incest and the life of the mother . You know as well as I do given that loop hole thousands of babies will still die.  I can't abide that personally and his fetal stem research stand is lacking as well. One thing I will give him is a strong military .. but is that enough ?

2Ch 7:14  if My people, upon whom My name is called, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their evil ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Thank you kindly for stopping by and sharing your most welcome thoughts.

Blessings MY Friend,
Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!