Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Beverly Kersey

1239 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
A Real Success Story
7/8/2008 10:36:57 PM

Some of you were aware of my husband's brave fight last year with cancer. I wanted to share with you his success story and what a brave and marvelous man he is. And to let you all know that prayers and the power of believing what you pray truly does prove to my husband and me that miracles happen today just as they did in biblical times. With that being said, this is the letter my husband was asked to write for the Boone County Cancer Society and our local hometown newspaper. I just wanted to share with you how proud I am of him and how much your priorities change and how you really get a grip on what is really important in your life.

A SUCCESS STORY

By JAMES KERSEY

Around the 3rd of January, 2007 I received my first Social Security Retirement Check. I was so excited. Now I was really retired and life with my wife and I was going to be great. We would be able to do a lot more things. I was especially going to do a lot more fishing and shooting pool. Boy was I about to be surprised. Two days later, I went to the doctor for a follow up visit from having pneumonia and was told that he needed me to call my wife at work to come to the office. He said, “he needed to speak with both of us”. So I called my wife to get to the doctor’s office. He then informed us that I had third stage inoperable lung cancer, with five lymph nodes involved and without treatment, I had approximately 90 days left. Well needless to say, with 45 radiation treatments, 6 chemotherapy treatments, outstanding hospital and medical care, and last but absolutely not the least, thousand of prayers and a miracle from our Lord, I received a diagnosis of complete remission. I don’t mind telling you that I was very scared. Chemotherapy and Radiation is not a walk in the park by all means. However, if it wasn’t for my family, friends and the great people of my home town of Lebanon, Indiana, Witham Memorial Hospital and St. Vincent Hospital and my loving wife, it would have been a very lonely walk and may I add that we have the Boone County Cancer Society that helped with some of our bills, no questions asked, no strings attached and no hoops to walk through. This is an awesome non-profit organization that receives a minute amount from United Fund, but really depends on private donations. If you can help them out it would benefit everyone in Boone County. After all, Cancer effects everyone in the world. There is not a person alive in this world that is not affected one way or the other by this horrible disease. I will close this letter just saying thank you to all of you whose names are way to numerous to mention.  God Bless You All.

Beverly Kersey
+0
Re: A Real Success Story
7/9/2008 4:41:22 PM

First, well done James!  What a brave warrior you are!

And to you, Beverly, I'm sure your gentle care and devotion made a lot of difference in the outcome of that horrible diagnosis.

Sometimes, as you said, it takes a catastrophe to remind us about priorities and the need to put 'first things first'.

I'm so happy to hear your good news - now, is it fishing first, or shooting pool?  I hope you enjoy the retirement you have looked forward to.

+0
Lawrence Bergfeld

381 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/27/2008 7:01:48 PM

My uncle had colon cancer. He had a 6 hour operation to remove a tumor. His hospital stay was very expensive. For 20 years he was an auto mechanic and had to pay health insurance out of his pocket. Luckily he worked afterwards for 5 years as a guard in a Public School. There he got full medical and dental benefits. If that did not happen he would have to pay a fortune for his hospital visit.

Lawrence

PS: Be A Mentor With A Servants Heart Lawrence Bergfeld 917-399-6207 lawrencebergfeld@gmail.com
+0
Beverly Kersey

1239 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/30/2008 4:49:02 PM

Hi Lawrence,

Thank you so much for sharing your Uncle' success story. Praise God for His kindness and Love!

jesus019.jpg

Beverly Kersey
+0
Lawrence Bergfeld

381 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/30/2008 5:39:25 PM

You are welcome Beverly.

Lawrence Bergfeld

PS: Be A Mentor With A Servants Heart Lawrence Bergfeld 917-399-6207 lawrencebergfeld@gmail.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!