Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Baptist Dog (7/5/2008)
7/6/2008 11:04:48 AM
Hi Marion,

Thanks for the smiles my friend !!

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Pauline R
+0
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/6/2008 2:16:18 PM

Hello Marion,

What a wonderful story!!!!  Thank you so much for sharing!!!

VOTE!!!! POTM!!!
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/6/2008 4:26:18 PM

Hi Marion,

You always put a smile on my face.  This one kinda' hit home with me, since Mom was raised as a Baptist and Dad was raised as a Pentecostal.  I was raised as a Lutheran, but I always go to the Revivals at the Baptist Church.  Go figure!  Thanks for the Grins & Giggles my Friend.

Although I had never heard this one, I did hear a cute one about the Preacher's Donkey the other day...

A man bought a donkey from a preacher. The preacher told the man that this donkey had been trained in a very unique way (being the donkey of a preacher). The only way to make the donkey go was to say, "Hallelujah!"

The only way to make the donkey stop was to say, "Amen!"

The man was pleased with his purchase and immediately got on the animal to try out the preacher's instructions.

"Hallelujah!" shouted the man. The donkey began to trot. "Amen!" shouted the man. The donkey stopped immediately.

"This is great!" said the man. With a "Hallelujah" he rode off, very proud of his new purchase.

The man traveled for a long time through the mountains. As he headed towards a cliff, he tried to remember the word to make the donkey stop.

"Stop," said the man. "Halt!" he cried. The donkey just kept going.

"Oh, no..."

"Bible...Church!...Please! Stop!!" shouted the man. The donkey just began to trot faster. He was getting closer and closer to the edge of the cliff.

Finally, in desperation, the man said a prayer: "Please, dear Lord. Please make this donkey stop before I go off the end of this mountain. In Jesus' name, AMEN."

The donkey came to an abrupt stop just one step from the edge of the cliff.

"HALLELUJAH!" shouted the man.

By the way, I got a new dog just the other day and I couldn't be happier with him.  I don't know what Denomination he is, but I'm almost certain that he's a Republican.

Have A Happy Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Jen
Jen Maxwell

658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/6/2008 7:06:35 PM
Hi Marion,

I love jokes like this!  Truly hilarious.

Have a wonderful week,
Jen
Award Winning System cancels mortgage and debt interest on steroids! Without paying more each month! "The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about and refuse to investigate
+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/6/2008 9:51:50 PM

Hi Marion

Looks like dogs and religion don't mix.

I had to get rid of my dog, he kept staring at my wife when she undressed.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!