Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Lira

572 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: BULLYING-
8/22/2005 7:55:30 PM
Hi Everyone, A friend of mine just sent this to me, and well it couldn't have come at a better time: Enjoy! This is National Friendship Week! Many people will walk in and out of your life. But only true friends will leave footprints in your heart. To handle yourself, use your head; To handle others, use your heart. Anger is only one letter short of danger. If someone betrays you once, it is his fault; If he betrays you twice, it is your fault. Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. He, who loses money, loses much; He, who loses a friend, loses much more; He, who loses faith, loses all. Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself. Friends, you and me...... You brought another friend .. And then there were 3 . We started our group .. Our circle of friends..... There is no beginning or end .... Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is mystery. Today is a gift. Warm Regards My Friends Donna aka Texgirl
+0
Manuel Davis

261 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/22/2005 8:07:06 PM
Kate, What prompted this forum? Has someone been picking on you, or is it just something that you wanted to write about? There are many different reasons why people bully others; most of the time it is an insecurity that they have about themselves that may cause these people show out and pick on the weaker individual(s) in the group. From my understanding of bully's they are people whom have feelings that are difficult for them to express, therefore they tend to repress those feelings, and hide the fact that they themselves are afraid. However it doesn’t end there because we all must feel good about ourselves and what we do in life. This is where the bully soothes his own inadequate or insecure feelings (Ego) about him or herself by making someone else feel those feelings that they are feeling. There is so much more to "bullies" we have just touched the surface, But I am not a psychologist, so I am not the person whom should be answering this, or speaking with reference to this subject. I feel that bullies are just scared little people hiding behind a two way looking glass, they do what they do: 1. to see the reaction they get from others. And: 2. to see if they can get away with it. This is just my opinion, and everyone has one, mine may not be exact, but I don’t believe that I am too far from the trough on this subject. Bullies do what they do because people allow them to get away with said behavior, it starts when we are young, and if not corrected it is carried on into the adult. We all need to watch our children to make sure that they are not following this path, because it can carry severe penalties for an adult… Again, I am not a professional on this subject, but I do have some experience here, probably we all have had a bully in the neighborhood as children, mine was named Butch, this kid thrived on the pain and fear he inflicted on the other kids in the neighborhood it was like he got a charge out of it. Today; Butch is in Attica Correctional Facility here in New York for a homicide that he committed after an argument he had with another gentleman over a parking space… Respectfully, Manuel D.
+0
Marion Tucker

2751 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/22/2005 10:19:00 PM
Hi Kathy, Finally made it here. Do you want to get a good laugh? I have a deck pond with 2 gold fish in it. Callie is a calico colored gold fish and is much bigger than Tangy the orange colored gold fish. Well, when I get out and feed them, Callie bullies Tangy in a big way. He chases her and nips her in the butt all the way around the pond so she won't get his food. Can you believe it? Nature is so funny, LOL! I have thumped him a few times to get him to quit, but he keeps right on doing it. Blessings, Marion
Highest Paying Business Network In The World! http://goldie.secretdm.com/getinfo.html NEW REVOLUTIONARY ANTI-AGING BREAKTHROUGH!!! NO MORE PILLS OR JUICE, just spray nutrients in your mouth! http://Goldie.AliveMax.com
+0
Michael Rogers

760 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/22/2005 11:29:50 PM
Hello Kathy, I would like to think this just happens in schools, and mainly do to immaturity. But, I am sure it happens in marriages alot as well. And is a shame, as it can harm friendships as well as people in general. Thank you for this post, pretty interesting subject going on here. Have a great week my friend respectfully,
+0
8/23/2005 5:43:55 AM
Kathy, You never cease to amaze me! Your postings have thought provoking information that makes a persons sit back and think deeply about themself.
James Kinney The Cardioman Cardio Cocktail www.drinkcardiococktail.com/30724 Joint Cocktail:www.formor.com/30724 Check My Home Page http://www.viradyne.com/moneypartners
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!