Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Another new dimension about business ethical standards?
7/4/2008 11:39:58 PM

Here is an interesting issue as quoted below:

Many companies hope consumers will pay a premium for products made with higher ethical standards. But most companies plunge in without testing that assumption or some other crucial questions. Will buyers actually reward good corporate behavior by paying more for products -- and will they punish irresponsible behavior by paying less? If so, how much? And just how far does a company really need to go to win people over?

To find out, we conducted a series of experiments. We showed consumers the same products -- coffee and T-shirts -- but told one group the items had been made using high ethical standards and another group that low standards had been used. A control group got no information.

Read more about this at:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121018735490274425.html?mod=2_1573_topbox

You are invited to Join for free Members Traffic Exchange.com – Auto Surf Exchange

Mike TaylorAdvertising/Marketing Associate and General Articles Writer.
+0
Lawrence Bergfeld

381 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Another new dimension about business ethical standards?
7/17/2008 10:14:13 AM

I don't think people will get away with overcharging others on products. I know someone who designed his t-shirts and hats and was delivering them in a van from his store, to sell them on the streets in different neighborhoods and he wanted me to buy it for $25.00. The funny thing is that I knew him for years. I walked away from him.

PS: Be A Mentor With A Servants Heart Lawrence Bergfeld 917-399-6207 lawrencebergfeld@gmail.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!