Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Can you read a woman's body language?
6/22/2008 10:22:47 PM

It's tough enough for men to read into what a woman is thinking, let alone predict their next move. So is 'body language' our only access into the deep and dark corners of a woman's mind? And, if so, can we then decipher the sometimes complex and conflicting signals they give out?

After 34 years of penal servitude marriage, I can now predict my wife's reaction to a particular issue or event by the look on her face, no dialogue need be entered into. A short time ago I mentioned that we needed to upgrade the computer, as they now came pre-loaded with Windows Vista, whereas ours was XP driven. She looked at me as though I'd suggested she have her ovaries removed.  

But body language is another kettle of fish entirely. The other afternoon I cunningly suggested that my wife would thoroughly enjoy a full body massage after her shower. I said I'd make her feel that good, I'd wish I was her. While listening to my brilliant suggestion, she began twirling her hair, a sure sign, say body language experts, that she was very interested in what I was saying. How wrong was I? Her retort was, "God, my hair needs washing."

So what are your experiences with women and body language?

And ladies, like to stick it back up the males for being so dumb?

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Can you read a woman's body language?
6/22/2008 11:00:07 PM
Hello my friend, thank you for posting such intersting topics. I am blind when it comes to woman, to read what a woman wants is to dicover the whole secret of the Bible LOL just cant be done my friend, long time friends? perhaps and even marriages just as you stated but to really understand is to be humble enough as a man to admit your mistakes. This is what i've learned. :)
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Jen
Jen Maxwell

658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/23/2008 9:28:53 AM

Hi John,

For the first 10 years of the life sentence with my hubby, we finished
each others' thoughts and sentences, we were so attuned.

Fast forward another 7 years to the present and we are like chalk and
cheese.  He cannot understand why I loathe shopping and has taken
it upon himself to spend money like there's no tomorrow.  Don't get
me wrong.  He is a diamond compared to all the men I've met, but
hey!  A man who loves to shop?  Gimme a break.

So from that point of view we both know exactly what we are going to
say to each other. 

Him:  Home depot have an incredible deal on airconditioners so I'll stop
by after work and pick one up.

Me:    Living in the frozen North where we have 2 months of summer a
year, what the h*ll do we need airconditioning for?

Translation:  HIM:  Although we only have about 5 nights/days when we
REALLY need airconditioning, it will be SO  COOL (no pun intended) to
have it.

ME:  Are you off your rocker?  We only have about 5 nights/days when we
could use airconditioning, and what the h*ll is wrong with the fan we already have????

I have tried to make a study of people based on their colour.  You know
you've heard about Reds, Blues, Greens etc. but it seems to me that everyone is a mixture of at least 2 colours, so then what?  You not only have to remember that Reds are direct, fast decision makers who want ONLY facts,
you must mix in a bit of Green too, so what goes where if you get my drift? 

Body language also confuses me.  It's very much like the English language..
always changing just when you think you've finally got it.

My take on the whole situation is to laugh at inappropriate times, cry when
it's least expected and just have a whole ton of fun with life.

Have a wonderful week,

Jen

Award Winning System cancels mortgage and debt interest on steroids! Without paying more each month! "The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about and refuse to investigate
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/23/2008 9:43:21 AM

Hi John,

An age old question, "Can a Man ever truly understand a Woman?". 

To start with, you have to consider the differences in how we think...

Given these obvious physical differences, then we can understand that we process information from a totally diiferent viewpoint...

Therefore, what the Wife says, and what the Husband hears, is very seldom the same thing...

As you can see, I'm afraid that the answer to that age old question is a unequivocal, resounding NO!

On the other hand, if what you're looking for is simply a peaceful, happy Marriage, then just try to remember this simple fact...

Hope this helps.

Have a Happy Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/24/2008 1:50:07 AM

Hi Jen

Well, I thought I was confused... lol. And I've never heard of any other man who loves shopping. By the way, my wife loves painting, walls that is, not portraits. How weird is that?

Opposites attract, up to a point. Thanks for sharing your thoughts :-)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!