Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
You are tirelessly faithful to causes to which you are committed. I hope you will find inspiration from this article..............
6/12/2008 6:44:55 PM
Hello to you all.
Thank you for supporting The Woods Forum-JerkyHill.
You are tirelessly faithful to causes to which you are committed. I hope you will find inspiration from this article from Tom
Moore, Temple, TX.

By 1989, baseball player Nolan Ryan reached an incredible 5,000 strikeouts, and all
those no hitters. Ryan is a phenomenal baseball player.

In his rookie year, 18 years earlier, Gil Hodges was the manager of the
Mets, and
was impatient with Ryan. Although Ryan could consistently throw the ball over ninety
miles an hour, most of the time it didn't go over the plate. He was walking
everybody, hitting a lot of people, too. Hodges told Ryan at the beginning of a particular
game that he was to pitch better in that game or he would pull him out and trade him.
He would be finished.

Ryan went into that game trying to do his best, determined that he was going to
succeed. He was miserable. He walked something like seven or eight batters in four
innings. Hodges took him out. Later that season he was traded to the Angels.

After the game Richard Reeves went down into the locker room to
interview the
players. He noticed Nolan Ryan was apart from the others, looking into a mirror, obviously
having difficulty tying his
tie. Reeves got closer to him and noticed that there
were tears in his eyes. He was crying. He couldn't see to tie his tie because of the
tears.

Reeves remembered that incident on the occasion of celebrating Nolan Ryan as one of
the immortals of
baseball. He remembered that this legendary man, Nolan Ryan, BEGAN
his long string of success thinking he had failed. But he kept on
working. He kept
on practicing. He kept on doing his
job.

In like manner, a Christian’s life will be filled with failures and
disappointments. Many Christians have “thrown up their hands” in disgust and have quit the
Christian race – thinking they have failed. But
friends, we must be persistent!
“Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the
work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord”
[1 Cor. 15:58]. When failure and disappointments come our way, we need to remember
the words of our Lord’s brother, “My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall
into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting
nothing” (Jam. 1:2-4).

Beloved don’t give – don’t ever give up. Remember, the word of the apostle
Paul, “I can do all things through
Christ which strengtheneth me” (Phil. 4:13).
“For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have
fought a good fight, I have finished my
course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth
there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous
judge,
shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that
love his
appearing” [2 Tim. 4:6-8].

Make a wonderful day,
Mike

You can view Mike's Daily Blessings at... http://www.TheWoods.phpbbnow.com

Please invite Mike Into Your Friends List here.. http://community.adlandpro.com/go/papaof7/ 

Join Mikes Great Jerky Team Here.. http://JerkyTrail.com

+0
Rudy Hiebert(rudyhiebert.myamsoil.c

1086 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: You are tirelessly faithful to causes to which you are committed...
6/12/2008 7:01:45 PM
These words are timely and perfect for me today, thanks a ton. I'll come back to them again.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: You are tirelessly faithful to causes to which you are committed. I hope you will find inspiration from this article..............
6/12/2008 7:50:28 PM

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for bringing this message from Mike.

Hi Mike,

It's wonderful to see you back.  I've been missing your messages.  Always Inspiring and Motivating.

These particular words touch very close to my heart, especially after a day such as today, which has been difficult to say the least.  You seem to know just what to say and when to say it.  Some might say that this is merely chance, however, we know that we need but ask and He will provide the Inspiration and Lead us on the way to speak to those in need. 

In the same manner, when we face trying times, we need but ask, and He will see us through, according to His will, just as He has promised...

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."  Romans 8:28 (KJV)

He never says that it will be easy, but He will be there with us every step of the  way.

Have a Blessed & Beautiful Day,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: You are tirelessly faithful to causes to which you are committed. I hope you will find inspiration from this article..............
6/12/2008 10:46:39 PM
Thanks Sharon and Mike,

That was a wonderdul story to share with us. What an inspirational message about success. Sometimes you have to keep on trucking on and when you do eventual the tide turns and your failures become successes.

All the Best

Nick Grimshawe
Nick Grimshawe Subscribe for Free at http://beautifulsummermorning.com/subscribe-today
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!