Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
The Legacy
6/5/2008 12:55:54 PM

Greetings friends,

Sometimes people will catch you off guard when you least expect it.

My sister Tracy did that today with her comments on a picture put up by my brother on Facebook
(go here if interested to see a pic of my siblings and cousin Lee)

For the record here though I wanted to post what she had written because it was so true, and my brothers and sisters (and even all our kids who knew Grampa) are a living legacy of our Dad:

Ron Southernwood

Tracy Koshman (Regina, SK) wrote
at 7:37pm yesterday
I was listening to the radio and John Tesh is having a contest for Father's Day about.. why My Dad is Rad... top 5 reasons (tho there are many!)
1.. every summer, as long as he was able, I had an opportunity to go Fishing. Fishing has so many lessons to teach itself. Even as an adult, there was always the opportunity to join the family.
2. My Dad taught me the value of Good Work Ethics. I don't even remember him missing work for illnes but if he did.. it had to be pretty bad. The whole family centred on supporting Dad in his job.
3. My Dad showed me the importance and rewards from community involvement in Religion, Social, Teaching and Health groups he was a valued supporting member for them all.
4. My Dad taught me the importance of valuing children and never letting go of your inner child.
Tracy Koshman (Regina, SK) wrote
at 7:41pm yesterday
5. Most importantly, he taught me the courage to change. Not perfect, he showed me often how hard he continued to work on being better.
These and so many more memories, he won't ever be gone. Always close in our hearts.
T

Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The Legacy
6/5/2008 1:56:22 PM
Hello Tim :-)

It's been a long time since we last met! Nice to see you again.

Unfortunately I couldn't see the pictures but I've read your legacy with interest.
They are all (posted here) of a great value.
The most I liked - and I also live by and taught my kids - are:

#4 - My Dad taught me the importance of valuing children and never letting go of your inner child.

#5 - he taught me the courage to change.

Great teachings to carry on.

Wish you the best of luck and success with your business and life.
With friendship,
Anamaria

+0
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/5/2008 2:16:28 PM
Thanks Ana Maria,

It's hard sometimes when I can't just reach out and tell him these things personally, but I know he's just taking his time, getting the gear ready by the dock, waiting for me to get out there on the big lake in the sky for another fishing trip.

Thanks for joining in.
Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/7/2008 12:45:49 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Jamie Jones

40 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/21/2008 12:11:36 AM
I agree with Nick. You must have been a real inspiration.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!