Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Another Manic Monday!
6/2/2008 12:38:26 AM

Hi

How was your drive to work this morning? Another Monday, another working week ahead, another 40 minutes (if you're lucky) wasted on the road getting there. So how do drivers distract themselves when they find their everyday commute has become boring.

On a bus or a train you can read a book, or make eyes at another passenger. Those were the days, I remember years ago if I didn't spy a certain pretty young lady on the train on a particular morning, I'd be worried all day if she was sick or had had an accident... hang on mate, stay with the story.

But in the car, drivers are also attempting to break the boredom by playing games. Here's a couple of tactics used to break the boredom. Draw parallel to a wank-tank (4WD) or a bus in the left-hand lane and sit in their blind spot. Then toot wildly and give them the "shock of their lives" when they try and change into your lane. Another trick is to slow down almost to a stop when approaching an amber light, then accelerate through just before it turns red. Then laugh at the "loser" behind when they're stuck at the lights. Of course, those tactics are useless around 8am on the South East Freeway when your travelling between 0.2 and 2.3km/h. But these can be fun times also.

I remember driving beside a pretty young thing in the next lane who was applying her makeup and talking into a mobile phone at the same time. My attention was diverted to such an extent I didn't notice the car in front had stopped. As I hit the skids I dropped my donut into my coffee which was between my legs and scalded Big Jim and the Twins. Bloody women drivers!

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Another Manic Monday!
6/2/2008 3:57:14 PM

Hi John,

Thanks once again for the Grins & Giggles.

I have always taken a very common sense approach to driving...

Have A Terrific Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/2/2008 6:27:06 PM
Hi Phil, thanks for the warning!
+0
6/2/2008 8:06:40 PM

AH - HA!  So that was you who almost gave me a heart attack the other day!

LOL  Thanks for the invite to what might be a very creative forum  ;-)

+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/2/2008 11:31:13 PM

Hi Lorraine

I try not to make it a habit of scaring nice ladies, sorry. Thanks for tuning in and stand by for more rubbish entertaining articles.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!