Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Gif Animation
6/24/2008 8:20:11 PM

Hey Neil...

+0
Neil Sperling

1645 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/24/2008 11:14:07 PM

Jenny SJ and other friends who expressed interest in making gifs.

Jenny I downloaded your Gif to see why it did not change for you- this is what I found!

1- set the looping to loop forever (or however many time you want it to loop)
2- Set background of EACH frame to "restore...."

It works fine if you do that - then you will also want to play with the duration of each frame to make it slow down or speed up - each frame can be displayed for a different amount of time... then click on the preview button to make sure it works like you want it too!

Download this gif and open it with the Micro Soft Gif animator - note
1 how many frames
2 how the background is set to restore - leave etc.
3 how long each frame is set to display

This gif - had a monkey face on it - I took a photo of me and replaced EACH frame with my face to be silly.

You can download a gif that is linked to a web page too - me/monkey is linked to my hub page article - yet you can still save it to your computer when you right click on it.

By downloading (save to your computer) and then viewing other peoples gifs in the gif animator you can see how each setting is done.

Looping - time displayed - background - etc

When you have a gif that most of the picture stays put - sometimes one frame is set to "leave backgound" and the others are set to restore - by viewing other peoples gifs you can learn how to change the settings.... trial and error and you will make GREAT banners and silly things.

Hope this helps everyone!

Love Light and Laughter

Neil

+0
Neil Sperling

1645 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/24/2008 11:24:18 PM

John

at may age and being single - you are correct in asking "how is it hangin?" - LOL

Neil
+0
Neil Sperling

1645 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/28/2009 5:36:31 PM

Anyone made any cool Gif's they would like to show off? Post them here - include a business link IN the gif if you desire!

... Love - Light - Laughter ...

Neil

+0
1/28/2009 5:51:02 PM

Hello Neil,

Strange you reopened this forum today.  That is what I do to help calm myself or take my mind off troubles - is make graphics and animations.  I find it fascinating.  Here is the link to my FREE graphics: (click on picture)

Here is one for Valentine's Day - COMING SOON!!

You are doing a great job of making it simple for beginners.  If anyone has any questions of me, I would be glad to help also.

Blessings,

Sara

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!