Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
What's Hot in Inspirational Books.
5/24/2008 11:58:58 AM

Thought you might like to see what's hot in inspirational books. I have the top five listed here plus a review of Wayne Dyer's Change Your Thoughts Change Your Life. The links are not live since this is a copy and paste of a post on BSM. If you see a book you would like to order please go to

http://www.beautifulsummermorning.com

as I receive a small commission, which helps pay some bills.

And don't forget that Sunday is Inspirational Sunday Video Time!

Excuse me the links are live so you can order directly from them. Nick

Quantum Wellness, What is It? Saturday Books

May 24th, 2008

Book Saturday

Quantum Wellness: A Practical and Spiritual Guide to Health and Happiness by Kathy Freston is the title of our new number one best seller for Beautiful Summer Morning Top Five Inspirational Books

I quote here from a website devoted to this new field of health and wellness:

Quantum Wellness specializes in the quantum physics approach to natural stress reduction with several high-tech systems. They can identify your stresses, re-harmonize your body, balance your mind and help put you back into your natural resonance. Energetic systems works as preventative therapy and to assess energetic emotional and physical risks. Quantum programs can help you to gain more insight into yourself and your current state of energetic health and wellness. Energy therapy can set new patterns to bring your whole self into a state of energetic wellness.

You can read more at Quantum Wellness

Top Five Inspirational Books for Weekending May 24

1. Quantum Wellness: A Practical and Spiritual Guide to Health and Happiness by Kathy Freston TW # 1 LW– # of W 1

2. A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose by Eckhart Tolle TW # 2 LW 2 # of W 13

3. The Last Lecture by Randy Paush with Jeffery Zaslow TW #3 LW 1 #of Weeks 5

4.Three Cups of Tea: One Man’s Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time by Greg Mortenson & David Oliver Relin TW # 4 LW #3- # of W 27

5. The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhar Tolle TW # 5 LW # 4 # of W 10

Important Note: If you are interested in any of the books above, please click on the links to Amazon.com as I receive a small commission for every book you purchase from my links. The money earned goes to help pay the bills for running this site. Thank You.

Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao by Wayne Dyer

I bought Change Your Thoughts with the idea of reading through it like most books in a fairly quick manner. Now almost six months later I have closed the back cover, but not for long.

This is a book to savor. Not something you would rush through in a few days.

This is Wayne Dyer’s very personal interpretation of the Tao Te Ching, by the sage Lao-tzu.

I quote from Dr. Dyers preface:

“Change Your Thoughts—Change Your Life, is the end product of my yearlong journey of research, contemplation and application of the Tao Te Ching ….”

Each of the 81 verses is treated as a separate chapter. First you read the verse, then you read Wayne Dyer’s thoughts on what the verse means.
Each chapter includes a feature: Do the Tao Now. These are exercises that help you practice the Tao. Quite often Mr. Dyer asks “What is Lao-tzu telling us?” Another question he often asks is: How does it apply to us today?”

I read one chapter a night, sometimes I spent more than one night on a single chapter just to make sure I understood what the verse meant, knowing that this would become a ritual eventually.

Now I have finished the book I am returning to the beginning and starting again, and there is something very Tao-like in doing that.
Wayne Dyer’s insights into each verse often peppered with quotes from others slowly bring about a better understanding of The Tao, The Great Way. You get a glimpse of some of the struggles the author went through to find a way to explain a particular passage of the Tao. I found myself trusting him like a guide taking me through difficult territory, who’s only concern is to bring you to spiritual awakening and a deeper appreciation for the Tao Te Ching and for the amazing man who wrote it.

If you take your time you will find this a book that opens you up like a flower one petal at a time.

Nick

Book Saturday

Nick Grimshawe Subscribe for Free at http://beautifulsummermorning.com/subscribe-today
+0
Jen
Jen Maxwell

658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: What's Hot in Inspirational Books.
5/24/2008 12:07:20 PM

Hi Nick,

Thank you very much for this info.

Have a great weekend,

Jen

Award Winning System cancels mortgage and debt interest on steroids! Without paying more each month! "The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about and refuse to investigate
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/24/2008 8:47:11 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Steven Suchar

13302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/24/2008 11:20:33 PM
Thank You Nick  :)

Best graphics for your profile! SparkleTags.com
+0

facebook