Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Some People Talk Like Web 2.0 Is New. It's been around since 2004.
5/15/2008 6:18:37 PM

Source: Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_2

Web 2.0 is a term describing the trend in the use of World Wide Web technology and web design that aims to enhance creativity, information sharing, and, most notably, collaboration among users. These concepts have led to the development and evolution of web-based communities and hosted services, such as social-networking sites, wikis, blogs, and folksonomies. The term became notable after the first O'Reilly Media Web 2.0 conference in 2004.[2] [3] Although the term suggests a new version of the World Wide Web, it does not refer to an update to any technical specifications, but to changes in the ways software developers and end-users use the Web. According to Tim O'Reilly:

Web 2.0 is the business revolution in the computer industry caused by the move to the Internet as platform, and an attempt to understand the rules for success on that new platform.[4]

Some technology experts, notably Tim Berners-Lee, have questioned whether one can use the term in a meaningful way, since many of the technology components of "Web 2.0" have existed since the early days of the Web.[5][6]

Some company is trying to say they are going to transform the entire web to this new Web 2.0. People, I really hope you are reading all of the fine print and be very careful of any misleading advertising and claims being made.

Kenneth R Sword Jr

+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Some People Talk Like Web 2.0 Is New. It's been around since 2004.
5/15/2008 6:26:01 PM
This is so important. We all need to be watchful.
+0
5/15/2008 6:54:35 PM

Ken Sword does it again! You're right!

It is amazing the number of people who fall for the hype, especially in regards to various Internet deals.

I especially crack up reading statements that "we're going to be bigger than Facebook and MySpace (yeah sure), or eBay (give me a break)...and my favorite: we're giving away $1 million but this statement isn't intended to be promotional! LMAO...

These new social networking website MLM deals won't generate enough traffic to attract the light of the day let alone any significnant, long term revenue, and they'll be here today and gone tomorrow, taking the money of a lot of either ignorant or stupid people with them...

Adland Pro would make for a great carnival...seems to be a lot of suckers in here...

+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/16/2008 9:44:29 AM
Hi Ken,

Dang it , You beat me to the punch I just finished doing my home work on web 2.0 and found the same things

I am glad you are giving others the heads up at least they are being told the truth!!

Sometimes I wonder if folks even bother to check out the latest greatest  gadget  before they buy it ?

Geketa
Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Rinna Rani

5162 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/16/2008 10:52:43 AM

GOOD ONE KENNETH... THANKS FOR SHARING.

THANKS WITH LOVE,
RINA
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!