Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Stefan Desouza

235 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RESTARTS again n again
4/23/2008 4:21:55 AM

hi

My computer was working fine but now a days  it work for some time good and then restart automatically then again works for some time and then restarts . Can any computer expert here tell me what is the problem?

+0
Re: RESTARTS again n again
4/24/2008 6:40:54 PM

is this xp? ( Im going on the assumption it is if not you will need to specify) if so we need to find out the specific error. first we  will need to turn off auto restart ( now instead of restarting you should get a blue screen) (dont panic just write down  the info and restart it) I need the code it produces as that will help pinpoint what the issue is. to turn off the auto restart when there is an error. please go to start then my computer ( dont click just highlight it) then right click and go to properties and left click that will bring up system properties. go to the advanced tab then click on settings  for start up and recovery uncheck automatically restart. now when you have trouble again it will restart and go to a blue screen write down the message and the code.  restart the machine and( turn  it back on if you wish just go to the same place and put the check back in to auto restart) come back here with the error information

Depending on the error it could be anything from bad ram to a failing power supply or corrupt software when you have the  error code please put the info here and we can go from there.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!