Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: IT'S TIME TO VOTE FOR THE 31st PHOTO OF THE WEEK
4/13/2008 11:49:00 AM

YEEEOOOW and WOW!

NINE, I say again 9, FANTASTIC Pictures entered in this week's contest!

Now, if Jim's Brooding Eagle "takes care of" Andrew's Praying Mantis and Adelina's sleeping Kitty and then flys off into Pauline's Sunset; and if Jennie's Spidernan takes Karyn's and Sandra's "Kids" to Scotland to educate them about Scottish attire, those of us that are left might stand a chance.

Now seriously folks, let's get real here, with all the NEWS and CONTROVERSY about the upcoming Summer Olympics, wouldn't it be NICE to VOTE for a scene from Whistler BC, Home of the 2010 WINTER OLYMPICS, right here in PEACEFUL and NON-CONTROVERCIAL Canada?

(Yeah, yeah, I know, I've fallen into the "trap" of shamelessly promoting myself and the picture I took of Whistler and the Whistler Ski Slopes in summer 2003, but hey, I'm not the only one that "shamelessly promotes" something here at ALP, now am I?)

Another thing here, what's this with the POTW "GUYS" putting their GREAT PICTURES into their OWN contest?  TWO WEEKS in a row no less.  Heck, one might even consider them PRO photographers.  Wouldn't one have to be to "RUN" a forum about photography like this? Hardly FAIR competition for us amateur photographers, wouldn't you agree?

Oh well, who ever said life was FAIR, eh. ;)

To boot I now have to congratulate Peter on his BEAUTIFUL winning picture of his sweet and innocent Ofri which annihilated any other entries in the last contest.

CONGRATULATIONS Peter, my good friend, be sure to give a BIG HUG and a kiss to Ofri from me all the way over here in the "Cold Country" (PERFECT for a WINTER Olympics ;)  ) CANADA.

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE ENTERED and a great big thank you to EVERYONE that takes the time to VOTE. 

Gunther G. - GENGRO Accounting and Business Consulting Services GENerating GROwth for Business and Individuals since 1991
+0
4/13/2008 11:57:00 AM

Oooops, sorry Patricia, I meant to say, "answer Patricia's question about Scottish attire".  A name mention oversight on my part, subconciously perhaps because of what you did to me with that picture of your BEE in a previous contest. ;)  Please forgive me.

Your friend,

Gunther G.

Oh, btw Jennie, YEAH, this contest is kinda FUN isn't it? LOL

Gunther G. - GENGRO Accounting and Business Consulting Services GENerating GROwth for Business and Individuals since 1991
+0
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/13/2008 5:45:57 PM

Congratulation, Peter and Ofri!

Very nice  and interesting photos! Hard to choice!

Good luck to all, I voted,

Greetings, Lydia

+0
Nick Mys

357 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/13/2008 5:54:24 PM

Goog luck to all, my vote is in. Nick

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/13/2008 6:15:51 PM

Congratulations Peter !

I guess you are now starting a collection - LOL

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!