Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Come Celebrate My Dad's 80th Birthday...
4/6/2008 5:28:05 AM
    Dear James!

What luck that I looked into my letterbox today, at last. Thank you for your reminder about your fathers birthday. Greet your dear and wise dad from me and say that; may he always continue to appreciate "religion" as an" exiting adventure" that make you "think", "understand" and "receive new ideas."
My birthday present to him would be some important "new-old "lines from the Bible that an seventh-day-adventist would certainly appreciate. It has been rather overlooked," standing in the shadow of 1844". It is, of course for you too, James and for your family.                                                                                  It concerns 1863 and what will happen then.I really hope that your father will find this interesting or even revolutionizing. Ask him from me if the solving of divine  mysteries is not the most exiting task in the life of men! Here is a mystery for a wise man like your father. I hope he will be one of those who "will scrutinize it
" as the Bible prophesies.

I will here  quote from one of my letters. At first you need to tell your father I am a believer in Bahaullah, the Founder of Bahai Faith. And that I believe It started in 1844 with Babs (the return of Elijah)coming as a "thief in the night" and Bahaullah too, in the same manner!  and Who declared His Faith publicly in 1863.

"Blessed is he that waiteth and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five-and-thirty days!"

" In Daniel, chapter 12 verse 6, it is said: 'And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders? And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever, that it shall be for a time, times and a half; and that when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.'
..... (about)the signification of one day.. we will say briefly that each day of the Father counts as a year, and in each year there are twelve months. Thus three years and a half make forty-two months, and forty-two months are twelve hundred and sixty days. The Bab, the precursor of Bahaullah, appeared in the year 1260 =(1844) from the Hejira of Muhammad, by the reckoning of Islam.
Afterwards, in verse 11, it is said:'And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolation be set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Blessed is he that waiteth and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five-and-thirty days!'

The beginning of this lunar reckoning is from the day of the proclamation of the prophet Muhammad in the country of Hijaz; and that was three years after his mission; because in the beginning the prophethood of Muhammad was kept secret, and no one knew it save Khadija and (Khadijas cousin)1. After three years it was announced. And Bahaullah in the year 1290 from the proclamation of the mission of Muhammad caused his manifestation to be known.2'

'1. Ibn Naufal
2. The year 1290 from the proclamation of the mission of Muhammad was the year 1280 of the Hejira, or 1863-1864 or our era. It was at this epoch (April 1863) that Bahaullah, on leaving Baghdad for Constantinople, declared to those who surrounded Him that He was the Manifestation announced by the Bab.
It is this declaration which the Bahais celebrate by the Feast of Ridvan
...(the garden) where Bahaullah stayed during twelve days...'"

I now have the Bible right here and I can see that this prophesy concerns "the end of time". You can study the whole chapter and see it telling about the awakening of the people, people will be saved and gain "eternal life", and that other good things will take place. It also says, (and now I translate from Swedish)" "But thou Daniel, shall hide these words and seal this script until the time of the end; many will scrutinize it, and thus insight shall increase." 4th verse
In verse 13 it is said:"Go unto the end of time, and when you have rested, you shall arise...at the time of the end."

This is all a quotation by the Son of Bahaullah, Abdu'l-Baha.,to be found in "Some Answered Questions"

I only wish you all well , good health and joy and
Exitement with this reminder about the Bahai Faith and the prophecy, because I have found eternity and the mystery of divine love through this Faith. I did not know such wonderful things existed.  I was one of those lost sheep. So I wish to give of my own joy to you and to your whole family. For Faith is for spiritual joy and safety, as always.
In  that heart that knows of no fear  the fairest roses of love can be found..

Dear James, thank you for your concern about me. I have been so tired, although healthy.I have not been here for long because I am so tired when I come home from my new job.  I will pop up now and then.
My heartiest greetings to you
and to your whole family.
May you have a joyous birthday-party

Laila in Sweden

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/6/2008 6:59:44 AM

Well Myrna, if I didn't tell you, now you know...LOL You even look a little like one another!!

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/6/2008 7:03:33 AM

Hi LaNell, thank you for stopping by with your kind words:)

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/6/2008 7:06:10 AM

Nick, it's a pleasure to call you brother!

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/6/2008 7:11:28 AM

Laila, new jobs can be stressful. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about the good news in Daniel Chapter 12. When my Dad sees your report, I'm sure he will want to make a comment. When he does, I will post it here for you!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!